Author Topic: LazBuild vs fpcupdeluxe - Build IDE: stoppend with exit code 512  (Read 1049 times)

af0815

RasPi 3B+ with RasPian

I can build lazarus (actual trunk with fpc trunk) on the RasPi with fpcupdeluxe without any problem. So far.

When i want to recompile lazarus (for some reasons) with LazBuild or inside the IDE i got a lot of infos and it didnt link. With fpcupdeluxe the lazarus is build without problems.

So i have 2 questions:
a) Why i get the undefined reference
b) Why did it work with fpcupdeluxe (i think it is also working with lazbuild)

Andreas

/home/pi/data/ide/lazarus/lazbuild --build-ide= --pcp="/home/pi/data/ide/config_lazarus"
..... a lot removed .....
/home/pi/data/ide/lazarus/units/arm-linux/gtk2/showdeletingfilesdlg.o: In function `.La1':
showdeletingfilesdlg.pas:(.debug_info+0xba): undefined reference to `DBG2_$FORMS_$$_TFORM'
showdeletingfilesdlg.pas:(.debug_info+0xcf): undefined reference to `DBG_$BUTTONPANEL_$$_TBUTTONPANEL'
showdeletingfilesdlg.pas:(.debug_info+0xe3): undefined reference to `DBG_$STDCTRLS_$$_TCHECKBOX'
showdeletingfilesdlg.pas:(.debug_info+0xf5): undefined reference to `DBG_$CHECKLST_$$_TCHECKLISTBOX'
/home/pi/data/ide/lazarus/units/arm-linux/gtk2/diskdiffsdialog.o:(.debug_info+0xa0): undefined reference to `DBG_$UITYPES_$$_TMODALRESULT'
/home/pi/data/ide/lazarus/units/arm-linux/gtk2/diskdiffsdialog.o:(.debug_info+0xf4): undefined reference to `DBG_$UITYPES_$$_TMODALRESULT'
/home/pi/data/ide/lazarus/units/arm-linux/gtk2/diskdiffsdialog.o:(.debug_info+0x110): undefined reference to `DBG_$UITYPES_$$_TMODALRESULT'
/home/pi/data/ide/lazarus/units/arm-linux/gtk2/diskdiffsdialog.o:(.debug_info+0x11f): undefined reference to `DBG_$UITYPES_$$_TMODALRESULT'
/home/pi/data/ide/lazarus/units/arm-linux/gtk2/diskdiffsdialog.o:(.debug_info+0x1ed): undefined reference to `DBG_$CODECACHE_$$_TCODEBUFFER'
/home/pi/data/ide/lazarus/units/arm-linux/gtk2/diskdiffsdialog.o:(.debug_info+0x22f): undefined reference to `DBG_$LAZUTF8CLASSES_$$_TFILESTREAMUTF8'
/home/pi/data/ide/lazarus/units/arm-linux/gtk2/diskdiffsdialog.o:(.debug_info+0x2a8): undefined reference to `DBG_$LAZUTF8CLASSES_$$_TFILESTREAMUTF8'
/home/pi/data/ide/lazarus/units/arm-linux/gtk2/diskdiffsdialog.o: In function `.La70':
diskdiffsdialog.pas:(.debug_info+0x7d7a): undefined reference to `DBG_$CODECACHE_$$_TCODEBUFFER'
/home/pi/data/ide/lazarus/units/arm-linux/gtk2/diskdiffsdialog.o: In function `.La71':
diskdiffsdialog.pas:(.debug_info+0x7ddf): undefined reference to `DBG2_$FORMS_$$_TFORM'
diskdiffsdialog.pas:(.debug_info+0x7df1): undefined reference to `DBG_$EXTCTRLS_$$_TPANEL'
diskdiffsdialog.pas:(.debug_info+0x7e1e): undefined reference to `DBG_$STDCTRLS_$$_TCHECKBOX'
diskdiffsdialog.pas:(.debug_info+0x7e46): undefined reference to `DBG_$STDCTRLS_$$_TCHECKBOX'
diskdiffsdialog.pas:(.debug_info+0x7e5b): undefined reference to `DBG_$SYNEDIT_$$_TSYNEDIT'
diskdiffsdialog.pas:(.debug_info+0x7e71): undefined reference to `DBG_$CHECKLST_$$_TCHECKLISTBOX'
diskdiffsdialog.pas:(.debug_info+0x7e87): undefined reference to `DBG_$STDCTRLS_$$_TBUTTON'
diskdiffsdialog.pas:(.debug_info+0x7ea8): undefined reference to `DBG_$STDCTRLS_$$_TBUTTON'
diskdiffsdialog.pas:(.debug_info+0x7eba): undefined reference to `DBG_$EXTCTRLS_$$_TSPLITTER'
diskdiffsdialog.pas:(.debug_info+0x7ecf): undefined reference to `DBG_$SYNHIGHLIGHTERDIFF_$$_TSYNDIFFSYN'
diskdiffsdialog.pas:(.debug_info+0x7fe7): undefined reference to `DBG_$FORMS_$$_TCLOSEACTION'
diskdiffsdialog.pas:(.debug_info+0x816c): undefined reference to `DBG_$LAZUTF8CLASSES_$$_TFILESTREAMUTF8'
/home/pi/data/ide/lazarus/ide/lazarus.pp(167,1) Error: (9013) Error while linking
/home/pi/data/ide/lazarus/ide/lazarus.pp(167,1) Fatal: (10026) There were 1 errors compiling module, stopping
Fatal: (1018) Compilation aborted
Error: /home/pi/data/ide/fpc/bin/arm-linux/ppcarm returned an error exitcode
make[2]: *** [lazarus] Error 1
make[1]: *** [idepkg] Error 2
Makefile:4142: recipe for target 'lazarus' failed
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/pi/data/ide/lazarus/ide'
Makefile:4572: recipe for target 'idepkg' failed
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/pi/data/ide/lazarus/ide'
make: *** [idepkg] Error 2
Makefile:3276: recipe for target 'idepkg' failed
make: Leaving directory '/home/pi/data/ide/lazarus'
Error: (lazarus) Build IDE: stopped with exit code 512
Error: (lazarus) Building IDE: Building IDE failed.
regards
Andreas

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
Re: LazBuild vs fpcupdeluxe - Build IDE: stoppend with exit code 512
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 01:14:31 pm »
fpcupdeluxe uses a "sandbox" environment.
LazBuild should work if you just load the sources and build with an installed FPC.

af0815

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 03:02:30 pm »
Quote from: JuhaManninen
LazBuild should work if you just load the sources and build with an installed FPC.
I can build normally with Lazarus, but Lazarus cannot build itself.

If i use the above used
Code: Pascal  [Select]
  1. /home/pi/data/ide/lazarus/lazbuild --build-ide= --pcp="/home/pi/data/ide/config_lazarus"
i see the same error message. I think this line is 'native'. The fpc is a trunk compiler build with the latestst stable compiler.

But i see all the lines have a prefix, meaning a debugversion 'DBG_' or 'DBG2_' . Which can involve this ?
regards
Andreas

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 07:56:44 pm »
I can build normally with Lazarus, but Lazarus cannot build itself.
Can it not build itself using the Configure Build Lazarus in Tools menu either?
Must be something specific to RasPi / RasPian. I don't know.

af0815

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 08:02:05 pm »
No, it works not from the Tools menu, nor with lazbuild. The errormessage is the same. Only fpcup build Lazarus without problems.
regards
Andreas

Recent

Get Lazarus at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads Open Hub project report for Lazarus