Using the Lazarus IDE > Debugger

Lazarus Debugger error Linux mint 19 when using run parameters

(1/1)

Mladen:
Hello, after trying to use Lazarus on Linux Mint 19 or Ubuntu MATE 18.04, when using run parameters "/usr/bin/xterm -T 'Lazarus Run Output' -e $(LazarusDir)/tools/runwait.sh $(TargetCmdLine)" to run my web application in terminal I get the following error.

The GDB command:
"info address main"
returned the error:
",msg="No symbol \"main\" in current context.""

On Linux Mint 18.3(Ubuntu 16.04) it worked fine and it had GDB version 7.11 installed.

GDB version is 8.1 now.

Cheers

Martin_fr:
It probably is the different xterm version.

You can try the "startup break method" (or similar name) from the property grid under Tools > Options > Debugger.  try the value "AddZero" instead.

But it may not help. And even if it can start it, it may not be able to debug it (eg set breakpoints). If so, you need to check if xterm may fork any sub processes, and if there are settings to prevent this. If not, then I do not know of any solution.

There is a window in the IDE showing your apps output: Menu View > Debug windows > console in/out

See also http://forum.lazarus-ide.org/index.php/topic,34922

Mladen:

--- Quote from: Martin_fr on July 13, 2018, 12:33:32 pm ---It probably is the different xterm version.

You can try the "startup break method" (or similar name) from the property grid under Tools > Options > Debugger.  try the value "AddZero" instead.

But it may not help. And even if it can start it, it may not be able to debug it (eg set breakpoints). If so, you need to check if xterm may fork any sub processes, and if there are settings to prevent this. If not, then I do not know of any solution.

There is a window in the IDE showing your apps output: Menu View > Debug windows > console in/out

See also http://forum.lazarus-ide.org/index.php/topic,34922

--- End quote ---

Thank you for your answer. I will use console window from now on.

Cheers!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version