Forum > Packages and Libraries

MySQL 8 and Lazarus

(1/2) > >>

MrSlay:
Forgive my ignorance, as I am somewhat a beginner at this.  I have recently been ask to program a database software.  I have decided to go with lazarus, and mysql for my software.  problem is there is only a data component for mysql 5.0 thru 5.7.  and I am running mysql server 8.  is there a package update out there somewhere that I havent come across yet that incorporates mysql 8?

GAN:
You can use the package ZeosLib https://sourceforge.net/projects/zeoslib/

Mlhy:
This solution works for me: I have installed Lazarus v2.0 and MySQL server 8.0. For connection to MySQL server I use MySQL57Connection component and library libmySQL.dll v 5.7 (taken from the MySQL server 5.7 installation).

diego bertotti:
Hello.

I had the same problem.

I was finally able to fix it, by copying libmysql.dll from the mysql lib folder. In my case, "D:\mysql57\lib", and you need to pay attention to binary versions. OS, .exe and dll must be all 64 or all 32 bit.

I used component 5.7, with dll version 5.7, but my mysql installation is version 8, (xampp) and it's working!

Hemptwister:
I just installed Lazarus on Windows and it has a MYSQL80 connector. Is it Windows only? My Linux version only goes up to 57.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version