Forum > Debugger

"-stack-list-arguments 1 0 2" did not return any resul

(1/3) > >>

ASerge:
Windows, Lazarus 1.8.4, x64
Test a little prog.
Without breakpoint run OK. With breakpoint stop on it and then show error.
Also OK (stop on breakpoint) when compiler optimization is level 2 or higher :o. Very strange .
Any changes to the "Debugging" tab in the project option do not affect the result (well, of course, except disabling debugging altogether).
Ideas?

Martin_fr:
The big question is witch version of gdb?
Afaik included is 7.3
Alternative at https://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus/files/Lazarus%20Windows%2064%20bits/Alternative%20GDB/

Basically something seems to have crashed gdb. (Older gdb are sometimes more stable)

The 2nd question is what debug info your project uses (and what version of fpc).
Debug info applies separate to project and packages. (Stabs may cause problems / if it is supported by your version of fpc / try dwarf, but not dwarf 3 / try additions and overrides to apply it to all code).

You can also try -Xe  external linker to see if it make a difference

ASerge:

--- Quote from: Martin_fr on July 10, 2018, 12:42:57 pm ---Afaik included is 7.3
Alternative at https://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus/files/Lazarus%20Windows%2064%20bits/Alternative%20GDB/

--- End quote ---
Thanks for answer.
With 7.7 the same error.

--- Quote ---The 2nd question is what debug info your project uses (and what version of fpc).
Debug info applies separate to project and packages. (Stabs may cause problems / if it is supported by your version of fpc / try dwarf, but not dwarf 3 / try additions and overrides to apply it to all code).

--- End quote ---
Lazarus 1.8.4, so FPC 3.0.4
I try all type of debug info (early "Any changes to the "Debugging" tab in the project option").

--- Quote ---You can also try -Xe  external linker to see if it make a difference

--- End quote ---
With this (in Project Opttions/Custom Options) not compiled - project1.lpr(15,1) Error: Error while linking.

I try rewrite code in debugged procedure, now it's error is "-stack-list-arguments 1 0 0" with any level compiler optimization.
What is arguments for -stack-list ?

At all it seems on shamanism %). If I do Build + Compile and if the mouse cursor is NOT on any Lazarus window and if the optimization level >= 2, then the breakpoint is triggered.
"Reset Debugger after each run" already set.
The same after restart IDE.

Thaddy:
"shamanism"  :D I agree.
Anyway, although -O2 should be very friendly to GDB can you still debug in = -01? It is not my (main) platform, but I can try tomorrow.

ASerge:

--- Quote from: Thaddy on July 10, 2018, 04:30:02 pm ---"shamanism"  :D I agree.
Anyway, although -O2 should be very friendly to GDB can you still debug in = -01? It is not my (main) platform, but I can try tomorrow.

--- End quote ---
Сontrariwise. With -O- or -O1 the debugger does not work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version