Recent

Author Topic: Menu item Can't be Checked  (Read 5473 times)

wp

Re: Menu item Can't be Checked
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2018, 06:14:37 pm »
In my eyes a menu with two columns, one for the icons, one for the checkmark, looks strange. Too much wasted space because only a very few menu items are checked. The solution of changing the icon background of the checked item is just perfect. As shown by Blaazen, in Linux the icon is recessed. In themed Windows the background is colored differently.

I think there is no need for a checkmark to identify checked menu items. Please ask your girl friend which one of these colors in the attached screenshot is checked.

guest48180

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2018, 06:29:48 pm »
I'll do something similar to that, wp. I'd already planned to that anyway. I knew there wasn't an easy fix for what I brought up. I mean, the only reason I mentioned it was because of the menu design, allowing for two things to happen at once in the same spot. Didn't make sense to me. But, yeah, I've already been working on another set of icons...but I like your "glow" better :D 

She wanted this done last month. Every day she comes to me: Got it finished yet?

Not yet, dear.

Oh? Really?

Ran into a few problems, dear.

Yeah, that's what you keep telling me.

My heart starts racing and then she starts finger tapping the back of my chair. My eyes dart back and forth. One day I'm gonna bolt like a jack rabbit! I just hope my dog can stay up with me :D

wp

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2018, 07:55:24 pm »
Are you sure that she's the right one? :-X

TinyPortal © 2005-2018