Forum > Databases

Noob and JSON

(1/6) > >>

madref:
I am trying a new concept. JSON in combination with a database in the cloud.
But I haven't got a clue how to start.

Can anyone help me on the way on how to start?

taazz:
Do you control the database and the json generator? If yes are asking for help on json export json import and json update cycle or you have something else in mind? It this a direct access to the database or through some services (rest or otherwise?) Are you going to implement both service and consumer? Those are the first question that need answering. 

madref:
This is what I want to do.
I have this local database on my laptop and make it available for 5 users.
So i 'uploaded' the structure and data to my own webserver/webspace.
Now I need to make it so that everyone can access the data.

I had this discussion lately http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,39107.0.html

taazz:
OK which CMS you have? Does it support SQLite? Do you want people to download the database or import new data only? Or to put it in an other light does the database contain user data as well as your data that you want to preserve or a simple replace with the new database is acceptable? Does you server support cgi applications? Notice I did not ask for cgi scripts because since php is a scripting language and the interpreter is a cgi application every one assume that php is a cgi script. So can you upload a cgi application on your server and call it through some url? If yes try to write a simple cgi application in lazarus that will return a string to the browser and see how that works.

Then you can decide if you wish to use mormot, brook or some otehre framework to speed up your development or you want to stick with simple cgi scripts and sqldb to export/import data.
Please note the complete absence of reference to what OS bitness the server requires, that is because for those first steps you find and install a webserver in your computer preferably the same weeb server your site uses (apache most probably) set it up to support cgi application and experiment there with your cgi and return string before targeting your web server.

madref:
As discussed before I want to ONLY access the data.
All input and output is done locally on a laptop and is NOT through any website.
I just use the space (see attachment) These are my tables and views

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version