Author Topic: LCL component to implement a ruler  (Read 788 times)

ermeneuta

LCL component to implement a ruler
« on: June 22, 2018, 07:12:19 pm »
Good afternoon,

I am in search of a LCL component to implement a mouse-draggable ruler, like that shown in the attached picture. Alternatively, as I have already such a component for the Delphi VCL, how can I recode that VCL component into an LCL component (under Linux).

Thanks

wp

Re: LCL component to implement a ruler
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 07:23:22 pm »
Most Win components can be made cross-platform if you remove the units Windows, Messages and replace them by LCLIntf, LCLType, LMessages (sometimes also LCLProc). If there are messages replace the type TWMSomething by TLMSomething (e.g. TWMSize --> TLMSize), and TMessage by TLMessage. The same with the message constants: WM_SOMETHING --> LM_SOMETHING, e.g. WM_SIZE --> LM_SIZE.

A riuler is contained in the JVCL library (https://sourceforge.net/p/lazarus-ccr/svn/HEAD/tree/components/jvcllaz/run/JvCtrls/), not draggable though. But there is also a moveable panel (https://sourceforge.net/p/lazarus-ccr/svn/HEAD/tree/components/jvcllaz/run/JvCtrls/JvMovableBevel.pas)- Maybe you get some ideas about dragging from there.
Lazarus trunk / fpc 3.0.4 / all 32-bit on Win-10

Alextp

• UVviewsoft
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2018, 11:55:21 am »
wp,
do you know in which Wiki page can I post your comment? about porting LCL comp.

Ñuño_Martínez

• Burdjia
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2018, 01:44:14 pm »
You may start from How To Write Lazarus Component article.  May be adding a section with a brief description with a link to main article or something.
Are you interested in game programming? Join the Pascal Game Development community!
Also visit the Game Development Portal

Recent

Get Lazarus at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads Open Hub project report for Lazarus