Forum > Networking and Web Programming

[Solved] Sending Binary data using TFPHTTPServer and POST

(1/1)

Amir61:
Hi all,

I am trying to send some binary data using TFPHTTPServer and POST. Here is the snippet of my code:

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---procedure TMyServer.HandleRequest(var ARequest: TFPHTTPConnectionRequest;  var AResponse: TFPHTTPConnectionResponse);...begin    Request := TRequestMessage.Create(AReqeust)    Response := TResponseMessage.Create;     Self.ServeRequest(ARequest, Request, Response);     BinData := '';    Response.SaveAsBinary(BinData);     AResponse.ContentType := 'application/octet-stream';    AResponse.ContentLength:= Length(BinData);    AResponse.Content := BinData;   ... end;  I noticed that the data I send and receive are different. After some more debugging, I figured out that the content of my "BinData" variable and AResponse.Content are different:

For example, if BinData is #10#13#78#111, the value stored in AResponse.Content would be #10#10#78#111.

I wonder if the issue is because of the ContentType? What ContentType should I use?

Amir61:
Looks like the following works:

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---procedure TMyServer.HandleRequest(var ARequest: TFPHTTPConnectionRequest;  var AResponse: TFPHTTPConnectionResponse);...begin    Request := TRequestMessage.Create(AReqeust)    Response := TResponseMessage.Create;     Self.ServeRequest(ARequest, Request, Response);     BinData := '';    Response.SaveAsBinary(BinData);     AResponse.ContentType := 'text/html';    OutputStream := TStringStream.Create(BinData);    AResponse.ContentStreeam := OutputStream;    ... end;  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version