Recent

Author Topic: Error while linking during rebuilding the IDE Lazarus 1.8.4+FPC 3.0.4  (Read 2467 times)

tintinux

• Gestinux
Hi

This problem was submitted for previous versions, and  tagged as solved, but still exists with 1.8.4 and 3.0.4  on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.

with 1.8.4-0_amd64.deb and FPC fpc_3.0.4-3_amd64 downloaded from SourceForge, the error occurs when rebuilding Lazarus to add any package.

The workarounds proposed for 1.6 or later are not working,
Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. cd /usr/share/fpcsrc/3.0.4
  2. sudo make clean all OS_TARGET=linux CPU_TARGET=x86_64
  3. sudo make install OS_TARGET=linux CPU_TARGET=x86_64 INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr

ends with

Makefile:2790: *** The only supported starting compiler version is 3.0.2. You are trying to build with 3.0.4..

Is there any hope to use the last Lazarus version  on Ubuntu, or should I go back to 1.8.0 ?

Thanks for help !
Initiator of gestinux, open-source, multi-database and multilingual accounting and billing software made with LAZARUS.

You can help to develop, to make and improve translations, and to provide examples of legal charts and reports from more countries.

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
with 1.8.4-0_amd64.deb and FPC fpc_3.0.4-3_amd64 downloaded from SourceForge, the error occurs when rebuilding Lazarus to add any package.

The workarounds proposed for 1.6 or later are not working,
Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. cd /usr/share/fpcsrc/3.0.4
  2. sudo make clean all OS_TARGET=linux CPU_TARGET=x86_64
  3. sudo make install OS_TARGET=linux CPU_TARGET=x86_64 INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr

ends with
Makefile:2790: *** The only supported starting compiler version is 3.0.2. You are trying to build with 3.0.4..
It looks like you try to build FPC instead of Lazarus. The FPC sources provided in the Lazarus .deb package may have a bug, I don't know, but you don't need to rebuild FPC from them. Installing the FPC binary is enough. The sources are used by the IDE to scan and browse library code.
For building FPC you should get sources from their SVN repository.
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018