Recent

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Multiple SQLite3 Tables  (Read 2701 times)

guest48180

[SOLVED] Multiple SQLite3 Tables
« on: May 27, 2018, 08:04:16 pm »
I have a SQLite3 db in a DBGrid with a Label below it on a form. One of the tables has three records, five fields each. One is a name field. What I'm trying to do is, either by clicking or scrolling, make the Label.caption := the name in the name field. Once I get this then I can use other tables to reflect data based on the name selected. This is just test stuff to meet that end.

The only thing I've came up with is this:
Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. Label1.Caption:=DBGrid1.SelectedField.CurValue;
But I have to hop from field to field (column to column) to get it to change. And then I get a segment fault when I end the program.

I've tried everything I can think of before making this post. If you can send me off in the right direction, I'd appreciate you. Thanks.

HeavyUser

Re: Multiple SQLite3 Databases
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 08:31:56 pm »
I have a SQLite3 db in a DBGrid with a Label below it on a form. One of the tables has three records, five fields each. One is a name field. What I'm trying to do is, either by clicking or scrolling, make the Label.caption := the name in the name field. Once I get this then I can use other tables to reflect data based on the name selected. This is just test stuff to meet that end.

The only thing I've came up with is this:
  1. Label1.Caption:=DBGrid1.SelectedField.CurValue;
But I have to hop from field to field (column to column) to get it to change. And then I get a segment fault when I end the program.

I've tried everything I can think of before making this post. If you can send me off in the right direction, I'd appreciate you. Thanks.

you write an on after scroll event on the sqlquery and your code there for example
  1. procedure TForm1.SQLQuery1AfterScroll(DataSet :TDataSet);
  2. begin
  3.   label1.Caption := DataSet.FieldByName('name').AsString;
  4. end;

guest48180

Re: Multiple SQLite3 Databases
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 09:06:45 pm »
Thank you, HeavyUser. That's opens doors.

mangakissa

Re: [SOLVED] Multiple SQLite3 Databases
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 08:39:22 am »
That's only works if the SQLQuery is on the form and not on a datamodule.
Lazarus 2.06 (64b) / FPC 3.0.4 / Windows 10
stucked on Delphi 10.3.1

HeavyUser

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 09:51:25 am »
if you mean that the event handler needs access to the forms controls in order to work then yes you are write, if you mean that the event will not fire outside the form then no. As always discretion is required.

guest48180

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2018, 03:45:25 pm »
Noted.

guest48180

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2018, 08:57:33 pm »

Indeed. I'm finding drawbacks when I use the DataModule. Gets in the way and messes up the good stuff.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018