Forum > FV/Textmode IDE

Free Pascal Text IDE for Linux, No debugger support available

(1/2) > >>

Poul Johansen:
Can anybody help a beginner with the "No debugger support available" problem.
I have installed the gdb debugger. I have installed fpc-3.0.4.x86_64-linux from SourceForge and I see the same "No debugger support available problem" in both Debian and Ubunto installations.
If installing the source files, fpc-3.0.4-1.src.rpm the debugger is working, but then e.g. the Free Pascal RTL Printer Unit is not found.

dubst3pp4:
Did you find a solution? Same problem here with fp 1.0.12, fpc 3.0.4 on Ubuntu 18.04...

marcov:
FPC 3.0.4's IDE has the debugger internally, as a static library

If you get that message, the release was prepared without including the debugger.

dubst3pp4:
Oh, this would be an answer... Although I installed the official Free Pascal Debian package from SourceForge, not the one provided by the distribution...

segfault:

--- Quote from: marcov on August 15, 2018, 10:39:02 am ---FPC 3.0.4's IDE has the debugger internally, as a static library

If you get that message, the release was prepared without including the debugger.

--- End quote ---

So which release should linux users download? I've never been able to get the debugger to work in the text ide, even when downloading the binary packages (not using deb or rpm).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version