Recent

Author Topic: Let's write a web browser  (Read 17737 times)

sysrpl

• Get Lazarus
Re: Let's write a web browser
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2018, 06:50:03 pm »
3) in case it exists and is "outdated" I grab the sources, update them and contact the author (he/she is not going to slap my face) instead of being stupid rewriting the whole things  ;-) likewise building square wheels LLOLLLL

repeat aftef me this new concept dude! "CONTRIBUTION" HAHAHAHAHAH

Perhaps I'm not understanding you because of English is not your native tongue, but just to be clear JavaScript Core is a project maintained by Apple as part of the open source Webkit toolkit. JSC is not a niche re-implementation of a square wheel, and it has several open source language binding sub projects such as GLib JSC.

sam707

« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2018, 09:14:15 pm »
@sysrpl

1) tongue = language, so my englush is better damn muchamatimoss than yours

2) you clearly understamadatamoud what I said, even apple is a fuckn niche (2.5% market desktop, 7% mobile) compared to windozzZZ and andramadoid respectivatamotionedefenely

SO to my wrong (hahahahahahah) point of view you are damn a nicher niched on rewriting square wheels from scratches where you could roundatationed existing ones which are more roundadoned

have funatamation LOLLL  :D :D :D :D :D
anything else ?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 09:16:56 pm by sam707 »

sam707

« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2018, 09:19:25 pm »
np loll after all that's not me wasting mah time going masochist on square wheels  :D
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 09:23:08 pm by sam707 »

Phil

« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2018, 11:49:37 pm »
@sysrpl
1) tongue = language, so my englush is better damn muchamatimoss than yours

No, it's not.

2) you clearly understamadatamoud what I said, even apple is a fuckn niche (2.5% market desktop, 7% mobile) compared to windozzZZ and andramadoid respectivatamotionedefenely

You might be thinking of Linux:

https://netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx?options=%7B%22filter%22%3A%7B%22%24and%22%3A%5B%7B%22deviceType%22%3A%7B%22%24in%22%3A%5B%22Desktop%2Flaptop%22%5D%7D%7D%5D%7D%2C%22dateLabel%22%3A%22Custom%22%2C%22attributes%22%3A%22share%22%2C%22group%22%3A%22platform%22%2C%22sort%22%3A%7B%22share%22%3A-1%7D%2C%22id%22%3A%22platformsDesktop%22%2C%22dateInterval%22%3A%22Monthly%22%2C%22dateStart%22%3A%222018-04%22%2C%22dateEnd%22%3A%222018-04%22%2C%22segments%22%3A%22-1000%22%7D

Because iOS devices in general last longer than Android devices, the percentage of devices actively in use is probably more like 30-35% iOS, even though new device sales are only about 15-20% iOS.

http://www.asymco.com/2018/03/01/determining-the-average-apple-device-lifespan/

sam707

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2018, 12:07:07 am »
@Phil

whatever this post is about a new webbrowser , not about tongues anatomy or languages diggests

SO I AM ON topic when I describe fcken NICHES (and wheels reinventions) with repports I knew and know from Official sources you can easily find around.

I aint a believer but a Knower, so your approximated percentages based upon subjective (and/or sponsored blogers that would be worst) do not impact/affect me

I aint either a "thinker=Believer" around linux and I prefer Edison Practice way (the man with the more Invention Licenses EVER) when someone asked "H"im what he thought about einstein theory, he answered "I dont wana know about such crap"

That said, My definition of "niche" is more and more clear along my comments =>

A niche or a couple of subniches always apear when there is NO CONTRIBUTION between people making stuffs on their own in their little world without joining existing projects from the same kind

a niche VANISHES (and not disapear becuz my englush iz so bad) WHEN A GENIUS LIGHTS A NEW IDEA or when people work together on an existing project making that wheel more and more round, instead of subsquared wheels along a more and more shrinked market hehehe

TC

offtopic n.b. as I lived 11 years between stockdale / dallas (TX) with no noticeable communication issue, ya should all revisit yer tonguage before mine LMFAO
or tell me more about yer drugs HAHAHA
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 12:25:17 am by sam707 »

sam707

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2018, 12:31:28 am »
probably 80%-90% of yer home furnitures are part licensed under one or more Edison papers

what about einstein? is your life better cuz of his big theory?  Check check chookachoooo NOWAY

this world is strange hahaha
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 12:35:45 am by sam707 »

RAW

« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2018, 01:47:41 am »
this world is strange hahaha
That's for sure... but fortunately it's slowly changing....  :)

what about einstein? is your life better cuz of his big theory?  Check check chookachoooo NOWAY
Totally right !!!
EINSTEIN = LIAR ... there is no relativity !!! every sane person knows that!

I aint either a "thinker=Believer" around linux and I prefer Edison Practice way (the man with the more Invention Licenses EVER) when someone asked "H"im what he thought about einstein theory, he answered "I dont wana know about such crap"
Nice answer from EDISON but unfortunately he was an A.....e!
But his apprentice was a very intelligent man -> NIKOLA TESLA.

Windows 7 Pro (x64 Sp1) & Windows XP Pro (x86 Sp3).

taazz

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2018, 02:22:04 am »
probably 80%-90% of yer home furnitures are part licensed under one or more Edison papers
I doubt it.
Well do you use GPS? If yes then Einstein's relativity made it possible. If it wasn't for his theory, we wouldn't be able to explain the differences in time between the satellites and earth.
So yeah it did enriched my life in at least one or two levels and if I count all the ships, tracks and airplanes that use GPS daily to transport goods all over the world I would have to say that it enriched it in a lot more than two levels.

Good judgement is the result of experience … Experience is the result of bad judgement.

Laz: Lazarus 1.4.4 FPC 2.6.4 i386-win32-win32/win64

RAW

« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2018, 03:13:34 am »
Sorry I couldn't deny myself...  :)

@taazz
satellites are a lie too !!! (Take your time and do a quick research...)
There is not even one satellite out there !!! (weather balloon, drones, AWACS, Boeing...)

Why is Google Earth/Maps powered by ground antennas?? Maybe Google has a money problem!
Why did Google use own drones for Google Earth/Maps?

I've never seen only one satellite dish that shows to the sky or even a little bit...!!! Ground Antennas !!!
Windows 7 Pro (x64 Sp1) & Windows XP Pro (x86 Sp3).

taazz

« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2018, 03:40:05 am »
Sorry I couldn't deny myself...  :)

@taazz
satellites are a lie too !!! (Take your time and do a quick research...)
There is not even one satellite out there !!! (weather balloon, drones, AWACS, Boeing...)

Why is Google Earth/Maps powered by ground antennas?? Maybe Google has a money problem!
Why did Google use own drones for Google Earth/Maps?

I've never seen only one satellite dish that shows to the sky or even a little bit...!!! Ground Antennas !!!
On my Knees I plea for your forgiveness oh master of the skies.

Forgive this shameful excuse of an intern and grace me with your wisdom.

Please provide a link :P

PS:
Man I need sleep badly  :-[
Good judgement is the result of experience … Experience is the result of bad judgement.

Laz: Lazarus 1.4.4 FPC 2.6.4 i386-win32-win32/win64

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2018, 06:17:49 pm »
Raw,Taazz, sam707:

Please take this nonsense to forums where nonsense is on-topic. Thank you

sam707

« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2018, 08:34:25 pm »
Raw,Taazz, sam707:

Please take this nonsense to forums where nonsense is on-topic. Thank you

im on my way for days ago LOL  :D

Akira1364

« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2018, 03:59:07 am »
I think it has no sense of making a web browser.

I think now with the evolving state of pas2js, and the ability of making node.js applications, you can use Electron and forget about making a web browser, instead make modules for Electron, that's tested and works fine.

Then you can develop your JS apps made with Lazarus and FPC, distribute with Electron.

If you need to distribute a web browser, do like that. If not, better, and let your application run on a real browser.

lol Electron is the worst thing ever.

"Let's bundle complete Chrome installations that by design will never receive any security updates with our terribly slow JS programs, and pretend they're real desktop applications! Don't worry about how much memory it all consumes either, everyone definitely has 32 GB RAM and can spare it no problem!"

Not to mention the fact that Electron doesn't come anywhere close to having the same overall GUI design capabilities as something like Lazarus...
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 04:01:18 am by Akira1364 »

lainz

• https://lainz.github.io/
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2018, 04:28:19 am »
Is your opinion and I respect that.

In my opinion with Electron I have all JS frameworks to make any UI like React, Angular, Vue and thousands of free UI components. I have hardware acceleration as well, audio, video.

I currently use big Electron apps to work like Slack, Mail Spring, and VS Code.

And my PC has only 8 GB of RAM and run all of these apps and more at the same time. Automatic updates are common in that Electron world. Setup of applications with less permissions (no setup is run as admin usually).

There are security updates, if there is a security problem GitHub will report that in your repository and you can fix them, only updating.

If you can't design with HTML and JS something you can do in Lazarus is not my problem. I can and I do it well, and in no time thanks to open source.

Akira1364

« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2018, 05:05:48 am »
If you can't design with HTML and JS something you can do in Lazarus is not my problem. I can and I do it well, and in no time thanks to open source.

I mean, you're the primary author of BGRAControls. Surely you realize that there's all kinds of things you've done there that you couldn't even dream of doing in JS with any kind of reasonable performance?

TinyPortal © 2005-2018