Recent

Author Topic: Leaving for Oxygene  (Read 13198 times)

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
Re: Leaving for Oxygen
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2018, 09:39:10 am »
The language is the same for any project type.
The available frameworks are not.
and within the shared code project, you only have what will work on any project type - what makes it portable.

You simply cannot create a windows application and compile it to IOS.
And it is impossible to use android functionality within windows.
Even FPC can not do that; it als needs Cocoa for IOS and the Android SDK for Android apps.
In case you didn't get my initial point: that's why we have FCL and LCL in the first place.

tverweij

Re: Leaving for Oxygene
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2018, 09:49:34 am »
Question 1: So you can create one UI in Lazarus and compile this to Android and IOS?
Question 2: Are you able to compile stable and 100% working production grade Android and IOS apps with the LCL and FCL at this moment - with a single codebase?

For the first question - I do not know any development system that can do that yet (so it would be a first if FPC/Lazarus could do this).
For the second question: The only one that I know of that they can do that at this moment is Microsoft Xamarin (If FPC/Lazarus can do this please document it on a wiki page and lead me to it).

« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 09:54:17 am by tverweij »

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
Re: Leaving for Oxygene
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2018, 10:07:56 am »
Question 1: So you can create one UI in Lazarus and compile this to Android and IOS?
That's the hope, it's technically possible instead of writing new interface like LAMW. We'll be just limited to LCL components (Android and iOS has more), but that shouldn't be a big issue.
Question 2: Are you able to compile stable and 100% working production grade Android and IOS apps with the LCL and FCL at this moment - with a single codebase?
Not for those two platforms at the moment as I don't have a need yet, so I don't have urgency to help as well.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018