Recent

Author Topic: View project folder  (Read 2498 times)

guyellis

View project folder
« on: May 14, 2018, 12:57:45 am »
I apologize for a (perhaps) silly question, but I cannot find a button, command or option to open "current project" folder from within Lazarus.

If this doesn't exist, then perhaps someone knows how to program it as an extension ...

Thanks.
Guy Ellis

jamie

Re: View project folder
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 02:07:06 am »
if you go to the PROJECT menu, and OPEN the project that is already opened, mainly it will automatically go
to the current project you are working on, you should see a File Explorer window popup..

You can change the FILTER to allow all contents to show and most of the time you can perform most of the duties
you would normally expect while browsing..

When done, just CANCEL..

You do need to first SAVE your current project somewhere before it can open to it..
The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing

dbannon

• tomboy-ng, a rewrite of the classic Tomboy
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 02:14:14 am »
Guy, do you mean so you can open a file in there ?
That really depends on the sort of file you want to open. So, if its an icon file, the ProjectOptions->LoadIcon. If you want to add a unit that exists in the directory, its the Add Unit button, left of the IDE.

If you want to see all the units in your project, then a the answer is to open Project->ProjectInspector, its lists all the ones you have added to project.

Might be a bit different from the way you are thinking but it does work !

Davo
Lazarus 3, Linux (and reluctantly Win10/11, OSX Monterey)
My Project - https://github.com/tomboy-notes/tomboy-ng and my github - https://github.com/davidbannon

guyellis

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 02:39:59 am »
Thanks for great suggestions. In my version of the ide, the OPEN PROJECT always opens
[lazarus-install-dir]fpc\3.0.4\source\rtl\win64 ... tried various versions of open, close, save etc of the project.

I find it convenient in other ide's that I've used i.e. to be able open the project folder conveniently from within the ide I work on.

FTurtle

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 02:44:32 am »
Status bar of source editor shows filename with path of current file.
Double click on this filename or call context menu for it.

engkin

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 04:16:52 am »
I apologize for a (perhaps) silly question, but I cannot find a button, command or option to open "current project" folder from within Lazarus.

If this doesn't exist, then perhaps someone knows how to program it as an extension ...

Thanks.
Guy Ellis

Tools - External Tools: Add
Set title to: Project Folder
Program file name: Explorer.exe
Parameters: $ProjPath()

Hit OK. Now you should have Project Folder in Tools menu.

Clone the previous command and replace $ProjPath() with $TestDir() for unsaved projects.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 04:23:40 am by engkin »

guyellis

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2018, 03:33:04 am »
Thanks again for great answers.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018