Recent

Author Topic: Pascal Scada  (Read 7228 times)

H

Pascal Scada
« on: May 10, 2018, 05:31:05 pm »
Hi,

Completely new to Lazarus and to Pascal Scada. I believe I have installed PAscal Scada add on now and im trying to open it but it comes up with an error

started a project and named it testtesttest

Compile package pascalscada_common 0.7.4: Exit code 1, Errors:1
testtesttest.pas(12,2) Fatal: Cannot open include file "..\revision.pas"

Could somebody point me in the right direction please? I'm trying to learn from youtube tutorials but cannot find anything about this

Thanks
H

Handoko

• My goal: build my own game engine using Lazarus
Re: Pascal Scada
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 05:39:04 pm »
To better understand the problem we need to inspect your source code. Please provide the source code.

Copy all necessary files to a new folder, except: *.bak, *.exe, the binary, lib folder. Compress the folder and send the zip file to this forum.

And please provide these information:
- Operating System
- Lazarus & Pascal Scada version

DelphiFreak

• Fresh sound.
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 07:14:00 pm »
Hello Handoko,

I am dreaming of a function like you just descriped :D
E.g. in Lazarus Menue "File--> Export Project to zip". The zip-file would contain all needed files/folders to compile the project.
Of course the opposite would then be "File-> Import Project from zip."

What do you think about such a "feature"?

Regards,
Sam

Linux Mint 20.3, Lazarus 2.3, Windows 10, Delphi 10.3 Rio, Delphi 11.1 Alexandria

Soner

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 07:43:51 pm »
In your project is the file "..\revision.pas" added. This file must be located in parent folder (--> ..\)
Open project inspector, first remove it from project then try to compile your project.
If it if fails then search and add revision.pas
For remove and add file to project look [Menu>Project>Project inspector]

AnthonyTekatch

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2018, 07:44:19 pm »
On Linux, I use Project->Publish Project.
then in the "Command after" I have:
Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. dash $(ProjPath)/packitup.sh

then in packitup.sh, I have:
Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. cd <my project directory>
  2. tar czf pub.tgz -C pub .
  3. zip -r pub.zip pub/*

PS. I am also very interested in seeing comments on Pascal Scada!

soerensen3

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2018, 10:32:06 pm »
I am dreaming of a function like you just descriped :D
E.g. in Lazarus Menue "File--> Export Project to zip". The zip-file would contain all needed files/folders to compile the project.
Of course the opposite would then be "File-> Import Project from zip."

What do you think about such a "feature"?

Isn't this exactly what Project->Publish Project does? It also has "command after" (self-explanatory) and the option to choose which file types to copy.
Lazarus 1.9 with FPC 3.0.4
Target: Manjaro Linux 64 Bit (4.9.68-1-MANJARO)

Handoko

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2018, 02:39:16 am »
Yes, Project > Publish Project is the tool to do the thing we need.

But I won't recommend it to beginners, especially if they're asking about graphics or database things. Because by default that tool does not include images or database files. I personally think it does not look beginner friendly.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 04:00:04 am by Handoko »

tr_escape

• sector name toys | respect to spectre
    • Github:
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2018, 09:22:05 am »
Hi,

Completely new to Lazarus and to Pascal Scada. I believe I have installed PAscal Scada add on now and im trying to open it but it comes up with an error

started a project and named it testtesttest

Compile package pascalscada_common 0.7.4: Exit code 1, Errors:1
testtesttest.pas(12,2) Fatal: Cannot open include file "..\revision.pas"

Could somebody point me in the right direction please? I'm trying to learn from youtube tutorials but cannot find anything about this

Thanks
H

Hello H,

which pascalscada packages did you try to install?
I am using 0.7.4 and downloaded from https://packages.lazarus-ide.org/ my lazarus is trunk version.

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2018, 10:17:02 am »
But I won't recommend it to beginners, especially if they're asking about graphics or database things. Because by default that tool does not include images or database files. I personally think it does not look beginner friendly.
True. The "Ignore binaries" option should be removed. Compiled binaries must be left out always. There is no point having an option for them. Other binaries like pictures should be included when a project needs them.
There could be a new option "Compress the project" or similar, enabled by default. Most often the project must be zipped before sending it somewhere.
A patch will be applied if somebody wants to improve the dialog.
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

balazsszekely

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2018, 10:43:38 am »
The directory with the project files is already created, the zipping algorithm is also available: http://wiki.freepascal.org/paszlib#Zipping_a_whole_directory_tree
Shouldn't be too difficult to create patch. @Handoko with your latest comment, basically you auto-assigned yourself to implement this task.  :D
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 10:45:51 am by GetMem »

howardpc

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2018, 01:09:09 pm »
True. The "Ignore binaries" option should be removed. Compiled binaries must be left out always. There is no point having an option for them. Other binaries like pictures should be included when a project needs them.

The option should probably go. However, the project's .res file is regarded as a binary by the dialog, and this should be included in the resulting project "bundle" and .zip, and so ought to be included in the default list of files to include.

Handoko

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2018, 02:36:12 pm »
Maybe not the best, but my suggestion the Publish Project tool should:

Copy all the files except: *.bak, binary, lib folder. It has option to compress the the target folder, and it should be enable by default.

We do not know the project may need extra files, so I think it is better to include all. The 'extra' files can be images, database, *.dat, *.ini, readme.txt or even pdf. The user may include third party source code, which may have *.pdf documentation and especially the license file, which should not be removed (due to license requirement).

TinyPortal © 2005-2018