Recent

Author Topic: Help me, Firebird Sql embedded form MAC OSX and IBX components?  (Read 2047 times)

laguna

I want to use firebird-sql embedded version in one of my programs, without installing Firebird-Sql.
I created the Frameworks folder and inside it the FB-Embedded-3 subfolder (unzip all files).
Using IBX components how can I make the library recognized and loaded?

Thank you all
Vincenzo

tonyw

• MWA Software
Re: Help me, Firebird Sql embedded form MAC OSX and IBX components?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 10:17:32 am »
IBX loads the Firebird Client library dynamically. Under OSX, it first looks for:

/Library/Frameworks/Firebird.framework/Firebird

and if that is not present, it tries:

/Library/Frameworks/Firebird.framework/Libraries/libfbclient.dylib

and then gives up if neither are present. An easy test is to install IBX in the Lazarus IDE and if the IBX components are present on the "Firebird" tab then IBX has found the Firebird library. At run time, there is no need to explicitly load the Firebird library as this is done automatically by IBX.

If you are unable to place the Firebird Client library in either of the above locations then it is possible to specify an alternative location using the environment variable FBLIB or by using an internal callback. See section 3.3.4 of the Firebird Pascal API Guide for more information.

If you are using Firebird 3, then to use Firebird in embedded mode then you typically install the same binaries, but there is no need to start the server. You probably can avoid installing the Firebird utilities.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018