Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus 1.8.2 Anchor Docking in IDE  (Read 4664 times)

rpetges

• Attribute Changer Website
Lazarus 1.8.2 Anchor Docking in IDE
« on: April 22, 2018, 09:55:09 am »
Hello,

As outlined in the forum and WiKi, I installed the AnchorDockingDsgn 0.5 package in Lazarus' 1.8.2 IDE ( for Windows ), and recompiled the IDE. On first startup, the IDE starts in the "One Window" mode, but all further launches ignore this and revert back to the old floating windows mode.

When I check in the installed packages, I can see the following for the AnchorDockingDsgn package :

Current state: selected for installation, not installed, RunAndDesignTime

What am I doing wrong ?

Update: When Lararus recompiles, it puts the new executable in "C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\lazarus\bin" ... this one includes now the Docking Mode  :)

However, in the list of installed packaages, I still have "Current state: selected for installation, not installed, RunAndDesignTime" for AnchorDockingDsgn. I alos added the Sparta_DockedFormEditor and this package shows correctly "Current state: installed, RunAndDesignTime"
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 10:10:01 am by Romain »

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
Re: Lazarus 1.8.2 Anchor Docking in IDE
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 11:55:12 am »
Update: When Lararus recompiles, it puts the new executable in "C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\lazarus\bin" ... this one includes now the Docking Mode  :)
Yes, apparently the original directory with Lazarus binary was write protected. You can run "startlazarus" and it always starts the correct binary.

However, in the list of installed packaages, I still have "Current state: selected for installation, not installed, RunAndDesignTime" for AnchorDockingDsgn. I alos added the Sparta_DockedFormEditor and this package shows correctly "Current state: installed, RunAndDesignTime"
The "not installed" for AnchorDockingDsgn sounds strange if it actually is installed and you got the docked layout.
Can anybody reproduce this?
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

rpetges

• Attribute Changer Website
Re: Lazarus 1.8.2 Anchor Docking in IDE
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 02:31:12 pm »
Yes, the original Lazarus directory is protected by the UAC in Windows 10. Completely disabling the UAC resolves the issue and Lazarus was able to replace the original file. I did not know "startlazarus", but it works fine when the original location is write protected.

Regarding the "not installed" for AnchorDockingDsgn, I tested again with a complete clean installation on a new Windows 7 VM and it still shows the same message. However, the docked layout works fine. Really strange.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018