Recent

Author Topic: IDE output window shown, put empty  (Read 2823 times)

Lyvia

IDE output window shown, put empty
« on: April 21, 2018, 02:26:23 pm »
Dear Lazarus Users,

I installed FPC 3.0.2, Lazarus 1.6.4 and after lots of problems I finally was able to run GDB as well (Mac OS X 10.11.6) Now I have problems with the output window. Example, if I enter the following:

program Einfach (output);
{ Text ausgeben }
const
Gruss = 'Guten Tag';
begin
  writeln (Gruss, 'viel Spass');
end. { Einfach }   

I compile with success and I run the program, but I do not get the output text "Guten Tag, viel Spass". Do I need to install a package? I already have been looking at my settings for the IDE Window and Message. Both of them are shown as well and the settings should be fine.

I appreciate your support.

Kind regards

Lyvia
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 02:33:46 pm by Lyvia »

Ñuño_Martínez

• Burdjia
Re: IDE output window shown, put empty
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 08:38:21 pm »
I'm not a MacOS user but did you created a console application or a GUI application?
Are you interested in game programming? Join the Pascal Game Development community!
Also visit the Game Development Portal

Lyvia

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 06:29:59 pm »
Hello, thank you for your answer. I am a total beginner, how can I verify your question? I created two new projects, a new program and I also tried it with a simple program. Do I have to change the options within the project? It is hard to make progress without any output window showing the result, it doesn't make sense to me. The debugger works fine. Any other options instead of Lazarus? Thank you for your support. Kind regards Lyvia
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 06:33:57 pm by Lyvia »

Handoko

• My goal: build my own game engine using Lazarus
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 06:59:05 pm »
Maybe you can try:
Lazarus main menu > View > Debug Windows > Terminal Output

I'm not a Mac user but that works for me on my Linux computer. But sometimes the Terminal Output does not correctly show the result, I have to test the program on the 'real' Linux terminal.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018