Recent

Author Topic: How do you use BacNet Protocol Stack with Linux Lazarus?  (Read 2151 times)

Awesome Programmer

• Programming is FUN only when it works :)
    • Cool Technology
How do you use BacNet Protocol Stack with Linux Lazarus?
« on: April 17, 2018, 03:44:50 pm »
Hi fellow programmers,

Lately, I have been meaning to use BacNet Protocol in software to talk to BacNet compliant devices and came across BacNet Protocol Stack for Linux. I downloaded it and even ran makefile clean all command on the terminal which ran fine with no problem. So, now my question is how do I go about using it in my Linux Lazarus project. If you know anything about this or used it before, please point in the right direction.

Thanks. :)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 03:51:32 pm by Awesome Programmer »

molly

Re: How do you use BacNet Protocol Stack with Linux Lazarus?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 06:22:59 pm »
Repeating yourself ?  :)

Since you forgot to mention which of the 1001 bacnet libraries out there you've used i can only guess based on the literal name you mentioned and afaik that requires you to make the library (afaik not by using default make) and then create Pascal bindings for it.

jamie

Re: How do you use BacNet Protocol Stack with Linux Lazarus?
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 03:39:04 am »
It should come with a SDK PDF file or what ever with examples of the basics to get you started.

But what ever device you are connecting to its going to be a joy ride or a hora ride!

Basically you make your UI (user interface) and connect the dots to the BAC libs to make it happen..

You will need to have some Function calls setup like you do when accessing dynamic libs..
The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing

TinyPortal © 2005-2018