Author Topic: Installs w brew BUT "carbonproc..Error: identifier not found..."  (Read 1124 times)

tan

I used homebrew to install lazarus 18.0 from cask  after upgrading to MacOS 10.13.3, as nothing else seemed to work.

The install went like a charm, taking care of all manner of things which had tripped me up in the past.  And then Lazarus actually came up beautifully! I was SO excited.

Today I wrote a super simple gui program and I got a cascade of errors from "Compile package LCL 1.8.0.6 Exit cod 256" about "carbonproc.pp(561.15)..identifier not found..."  and "FMGetFontFamilyFromname is deprecated in OSX 10.4.  There's no replacement for the function..."

Suggestions?

I actually "upgraded" to High Sierra specifically because the alternate route to install suggested here said I needed to upgrade Xcode...so I did...and one thing led to another...

Anyway, I am sincerely hoping there is something someone can suggest.  As I said, Lazarus IDE WORKS with all graphics... yet it just can't compile a gui app.

Phil

Re: Installs w brew BUT "carbonproc..Error: identifier not found..."
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 05:19:30 am »
Anyway, I am sincerely hoping there is something someone can suggest.  As I said, Lazarus IDE WORKS with all graphics... yet it just can't compile a gui app.

Sounds like maybe you're compiling for 64-bits, which doesn't make sense for Carbon, which is 32-bit only for GUI.

FPC 3.0.4's default on Mac is now 64-bit, so you need to make sure you're compiling with ppc386, not fpc, in Tools | Options.

If that doesn't help, search the forum -- I seem to recall that being asked before.

Also, 1.8.2 is the current stable version of Lazarus.

Recent

Get Lazarus at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads Open Hub project report for Lazarus