Recent

Author Topic: [SOLVED] TFPHTTPClient.SimpleGet causes SIGILL violation error  (Read 7546 times)

rvk

Re: TFPHTTPClient.SimpleGet causes SIGILL violation error
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2018, 01:08:25 pm »
Yeah, my preference would also be to just upgrade to stretch. Just upgrading OpenSSL on jessie could be a pain with all dependencies that come with it and could break other things.

The newer OpenSSL versions somehow don't throw a SIGILL anymore on the initialization part to determine the processors capabilities. So it's fixed with those newer versions. It's not something that can be changed in FPC anyway. For this particular combination of GDB debugger and OpenSSL 1.0.1t the only option is to tell it what processor it's dealing with (with the given environment setting).

With 1.0.1t  becoming older and older it's just a matter of time until jessie itself (with that version) is so outdated it doesn't work anymore with the newer ssl/tls protocols, like you said, and upgrading becomes inevitable.

lbd

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2018, 03:47:55 pm »
We know working with this old build does indeed come with issues which will problably just become more and more.

Most likely we will change to the latest build within a few months time.
For the time being, we will have to work with the environment variable.

I myself found the answers and solutions provided by rvk more than good for our situation since we just keep working on an old build (for now).

Do you guys mind if I mark this thread as Solved? (if possible).

rvk

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2018, 04:01:16 pm »
Do you guys mind if I mark this thread as Solved? (if possible).
That's fine. (you can edit the opening post with solved in the subject)

TinyPortal © 2005-2018