Recent

Author Topic: new feature requirements for components  (Read 3166 times)

alpermalas

new feature requirements for components
« on: March 29, 2018, 06:22:34 pm »
Hello;
How to create new feature requests for components Bug Tracker is only used for error notifications (I think).
Thanks for your answer.

taazz

Re: new feature requirements for components
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 08:07:24 pm »
use the bug tracker it has a feature request category.
Good judgement is the result of experience … Experience is the result of bad judgement.

Laz: Lazarus 1.4.4 FPC 2.6.4 i386-win32-win32/win64

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 08:57:48 pm »
The same bug tracker, yes, but you might want to present your idea here first so people can comment on how realistic it is.
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

alpermalas

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2018, 04:13:58 pm »
OK; In my opinion, you can only use 4 items in spkToolbar (spkLargeButton, spkSmallButton, spkCheckButton, spkRadioButton). However, it is absolutely necessary to have the following components (spkImage, spkCombobox, spkLabel). Because I want to use this excellent toolbar in an application. For this reason I want to request a new feature. Does it make sense to you?

jamie

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2018, 05:13:49 pm »
That must be a package you are referring to.

Not all packages are done by fpc/lazarus DEV's, there are others that simply write packages
that should install.

If this is the case then you need to find out who wrote that package..
The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing

wp

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2018, 06:06:34 pm »
OK; In my opinion, you can only use 4 items in spkToolbar (spkLargeButton, spkSmallButton, spkCheckButton, spkRadioButton). However, it is absolutely necessary to have the following components (spkImage, spkCombobox, spkLabel). Because I want to use this excellent toolbar in an application. For this reason I want to request a new feature. Does it make sense to you?
The problem with SpkToolbar is that the components which you add in design mode directly inherit from the very elemental TComponent, i.e. every feature that we know from the LCL has been added manually - I don't know why the author decided to go this hard way. Therefore it is not straightforward to add any new components to SpkToolbar - I did it with the Checkbox and the RadioButton, but this was really a hard learning curve.

And the original author who donated this component to the community never reappeared again. So, there's nobody to ask...

On the other hand, adding a image should be feasible. When I have some spare time I can try, but I cannot promise that it will be soon. What do you need it for? I've never seen standalone images in a ribbon.

A label only makes sense if there is something to which the label can be attached. But all controls available so far do not need a label. So, adding a label at the moment does not make much sense. Or do you want a label just to display some text information (e.g. display of current time)?

A combobox will be rather difficult - can't you use a Smallbutton with kind bkDropdown or bkButtonDropDown?

alpermalas

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2018, 08:52:55 pm »
Hello wp; I am preparing an application that is loaded in modules and shown with ribbon tabs. So each tab is a different module. Loaded modules have their own logos and I load them dynamically. Combobox is necessary for lists that have a large number of items like FontBox. It is very easy to find ComboBox with Autocomplate as well. Label is required to specify the tabs of the module.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018