Recent

Author Topic: Different "incompatible ppu" errors with Indy 10.2.0.3  (Read 3254 times)

PawelO

• Polish railway traffic and interlocking simulator developed with Lazarus
Different "incompatible ppu" errors with Indy 10.2.0.3
« on: March 27, 2018, 11:25:36 pm »
Hello,

I use Indy 10.2.0.3 in my projects and it works nice, but I have always some problems with package installation. Every time something different, but somehow I'm finally getting rid of errors. However, after latest update to Lazarus 1.8.0 (and also 1.8.2) Indy compilation behaves strangely. I figured out how to make it work, but I don't really like the solution... Here's what I do:

1. Lazarus 1.8.2 32bit clean install (OS: Windows 10 pro 64bit).
2. Indy 10.2.0.3 compilation and installation - compilation successful, IDE is building, Indy components appears on palette.
3. Compilation of my package that uses Indy (let's say MyPackage, and Indy is used by MyModule.pas in MyPackage; Indy is listed in "Required Packages" section of MyPackage) - compilation successful.
4. Compilation of project that uses MyPackage - error: "Cannot find IdTCPServer used by MyModule, incompatible ppu=(path to ppu in Indy directory), package indylaz". Strange, MyModule was alredy successfully compiled in step 4.
5. After trying different solutions I added path to fpc directory in Indy files to "Other unit files" in MyPackage settings, then recompiled Indy package and MyPackage (both compiled successful). Now project using MyPackage runs without problems, but Indy .ppu files are duplicated - they are both in Indy directory and MyPackage directory. Which I guess is not good.
6. Now I'm trying to install different package (unrelated to Indy) and it turns out that IDE is failing to rebuild with error: "IdAboutVCL.pas(78,12) Fatal: Cannot find IdAboutVCL used by IdAbout, incompatible ppu=(path to ppu in Indy directory), package indylaz". Besides that, there are warnings about duplicated .ppu files.
7. I delete Indy .ppu files from MyPackage directory, remove path to Indy from "Other unit files" in MyPackage, recompile MyPackage (successful). Now I'm back in step 4 - I'm able to rebuild IDE, but projects using MyPackage aren't working anymore. So after working with IDE I go to step 5 to fix it by making mess with .ppu files again.

Problem occures also in projects that directly use Indy package - adding path fixes compilation error. Other dependencies between packages works correctly, just by adding requirement, with no need to add paths to another package files.

Anybody has idea what is happening here? Is there a way to permanently fix both of these errors?

Soner

Re: Different "incompatible ppu" errors with Indy 10.2.0.3
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 01:13:29 am »
Indy has package problem and your indy is very old.
My indy is version 10.6.2 (not newest) and i have only "IdStream-error" that can be resolved with recompile indy without rebuilding the ide.

I read here or stackoverflow that the maintainer wanted solve this problem. Install new one.
https://packages.lazarus-ide.org/

af0815

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 06:48:19 am »
I have the same problem with the actual code (point 6 on the list of PawelO), i compile the package twice and the error with IdAboutVCL is gone. 
regards
Andreas

PawelO

• Polish railway traffic and interlocking simulator developed with Lazarus
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2018, 03:12:03 pm »
Thanks, I will test a newer version, I didn't know it's currently under developement. Is 10.6.2.5444 a stable release?

I know the twice compilation trick, but it didn't resolved my problems.

Remy Lebeau

• Lebeau Software
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2018, 07:55:32 pm »
Is 10.6.2.5444 a stable release?

Indy doesn't currently have "stable" releases, only nightly SVN snapshots (the current snapshot version is 10.6.2.5451).  This will likely change when Indy switches its version control from SVN to GIT in the future (in fact, there is already a GIT mirror of the SVN repository at https://github.com/IndySockets/Indy, though it appears to not be up-to-date with the latest SVN checkins).
Remy Lebeau
Lebeau Software - Owner, Developer
Internet Direct (Indy) - Admin, Developer (Support forum)

TinyPortal © 2005-2018