Recent

Author Topic: Editor Pages absent  (Read 2114 times)

MikeFinch

Editor Pages absent
« on: March 24, 2018, 03:13:40 am »
I don't want to appear too ignorant (I've used Lazarus for years), but I have no idea why the .lpi file, after clicking on the Open Project button, sometimes fails to display the Source Editor pages.
The files are shown in the Project | Project Inspector window OK and can be opened from there. This is tedious.
Why does the Open Project button sometimes fail to display the Source Editor (usually .pas) files immediately?
I am sure there is a simple answer, but I need help on this one!
On another topic that I have harped on over several years now : when is linux Lazarus going to present a program as well as it does in Windows? I am referring mainly to the Columns property in ListBox.
In my Windows rendition I can display (in my case) five columns of sorted names, adjustable with a horizontal scrollbar. Not so in Linux; I only get a single column left-justified with no horiz scrollbar. Surely there must be a way to emulate the Windows behaviour?
I am now using version 1.8.2. On Mageia 6.

taazz

Re: Editor Pages absent
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 03:58:51 am »
I don't want to appear too ignorant (I've used Lazarus for years), but I have no idea why the .lpi file, after clicking on the Open Project button, sometimes fails to display the Source Editor pages.
The files are shown in the Project | Project Inspector window OK and can be opened from there. This is tedious.
Why does the Open Project button sometimes fail to display the Source Editor (usually .pas) files immediately?
I am sure there is a simple answer, but I need help on this one!
the project's session file keeps a list of open files. If it is empty or deleted then nothing opens.
On another topic that I have harped on over several years now : when is linux Lazarus going to present a program as well as it does in Windows? I am referring mainly to the Columns property in ListBox.
In my Windows rendition I can display (in my case) five columns of sorted names, adjustable with a horizontal scrollbar. Not so in Linux; I only get a single column left-justified with no horiz scrollbar. Surely there must be a way to emulate the Windows behaviour?
I am now using version 1.8.2. On Mageia 6.
try using a different widget set (eg QT5) if nothing happens then I suggest to try to find a custom drawn widget set that emulates windows or use the win32 widget set from linux (wine, I do not know any widget set bind to it though).
Good judgement is the result of experience … Experience is the result of bad judgement.

Laz: Lazarus 1.4.4 FPC 2.6.4 i386-win32-win32/win64

MikeFinch

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 03:27:09 am »
Thanks for that. Re the first problem, apparently in

Project | Project options | Session >> you have to have "Save in .lpi file" then all is, evidently, OK. I had had "Save in .lps file".

Haven't attempted another widget set (second problem). It's too hard for me at present! Are you able to elaborate anyone?
Surely others have had this problem[?]. Or have I picked on a situation that no-one else has encountered?

MikeFinch  %)

Blaazen

• POKE 54296,15
    • Eye-Candy Controls
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 03:42:51 am »
@I had had "Save in .lps file".

I have "Save in .lps file in project directory" for years and I never had this problem. *.lpi file contains info where is the session file stored. I guess - if the *.lps file is found then is used. An example, when I upload projects to bugtracker, I don't pack them to archive, I pack only *.lpi, *.lpr, *.pas and *.lfm.
Lazarus 2.3.0 (rev main-2_3-2863...) FPC 3.3.1 x86_64-linux-qt Chakra, Qt 4.8.7/5.13.2, Plasma 5.17.3
Lazarus 1.8.2 r57369 FPC 3.0.4 i386-win32-win32/win64 Wine 3.21

Try Eye-Candy Controls: https://sourceforge.net/projects/eccontrols/files/

TinyPortal © 2005-2018