Recent

Author Topic: Add componenets to Lazarus IDE v1.8.2  (Read 3160 times)

makarios

Add componenets to Lazarus IDE v1.8.2
« on: March 14, 2018, 04:27:45 am »
I have inherited the code of a program written in Lazarus, and need to do some changes to it, but my lazarus installation needs the following Components:

TRxDBGrid,
TFrPrintGrid,
TrfUserDataset,
TfrDBDataSet.

Where would I be able to download them? and hoe do I go about installing them to my Lazarus installation?

I am a real beginner here.

Pascal

Re: Add componenets to Lazarus IDE v1.8.2
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 06:00:34 am »
Hello makarios,

welcome to the forum!

I don't know these component. But you can have a look at Online Package Manager http://wiki.freepascal.org/Online_Package_Manager, which helps you install other packages. See wiki how to install it.
laz trunk x64 - fpc trunk i386 (cross x64) - Windows 10 Pro x64 (21H2)

makarios

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 07:40:28 am »
When I opened the lazarus project this is the error message I got and listing the Project inspector,  I got the list of packages required in yellow as pet attached screenshot...

I went and right click remove, and they are no longer listed but the above is the list still required....

I do hope they are not custom ones coded as the original developer is unable to continue the project for now, but to assist the client, I need to get on top of this :D

makarios

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 07:45:42 am »
Pascal, the link poste to the online package manager suggests that I should have a online package manager in my menu structure...see screenshot below mine does not.....

Ho do I get it there? 

Thanx for the help by the way!!!

makarios

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 07:49:14 am »
 :-[ oops I did not read the wiki from the top....got the online package manager in my menu now....LOL

wp

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2018, 09:14:22 am »
TRxDBGrid,
TFrPrintGrid,
TrfUserDataset,
TfrDBDataSet.

Where would I be able to download them? and hoe do I go about installing them to my Lazarus installation?

TRxDBGrid belongs to package RX.

I found TfrUserDataset in unit LR_DSet which belongs to LazReport (which comes with Lazarus, but is not installed by default). The other TFr* classes probably belong to LazReport as well. Since LazReport has been split into several packages you may have to install also other packages named like "lr*"

In order to install new components - and this is also how to install OnlinePackageManager - , go to "Package" > "Install/unstall packages". Find the requested package (lazreport, OnlinePackageManager) in the right list, click "Instal selection", then "Save and Rebuild IDE". Then Lazarus will recompile itself (which takes some time). At the end Lazarus restarts, and you'll find the new components in the palette, except for the OnlinePackageManager, which is in "Package" > "OnlinePackageManager".

This procedure works only for packages which are known to the IDE. The easiest way to install other packages is via the OnlinlinePackagemanager. Start it, find the package in the list (here: "Rx"), check it, click "Install" - wait. When Lazarus restarts you are ready to go.

It should not happen, but sometimes packages are faulty and crash the new Lazarus. Open the Lazarus folder, delete Lazarus.exe and rename Lazarus.old.exe back to Lazarus.exe in order to restore the last working version.

makarios

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2018, 05:07:41 pm »
Thank You!

TinyPortal © 2005-2018