Recent

Author Topic: Tab Stop Buggy?  (Read 2166 times)

Degibbo

Tab Stop Buggy?
« on: March 15, 2018, 01:26:25 am »
G'day All,
I have a number to edit boxes on a form, each with ordered tab stops.  The order is correct for how I want to tab to each.  However the tab key does not follow the order correctly.  I have tried everything that I can think of to fix the problem, with no success.

I wondered if this was a known bug, or am I doing something wrong?

This problem is quite complex to describe, and a waste of everyone's time if the tab process has bugs.

Cheers & thanks,
DG

jamie

Re: Tab Stop Buggy?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 01:34:21 am »
There is always that possibility of errors  >:(

Tabbing usually works only with focusable controls of course.

Did you do a Clean and Build after setting up the tab order?

Also, what platform on you on?
The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing

Degibbo

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 04:07:50 am »
G'day Jamie,
Thanks for the advice.  Yes, a full cleanup & build makes no difference.  All of the tabs work, but just not in the order of their tab stop number!  Deleting an object that is jumped to and reinstating it causes the jump to move to the next component, so it is somewhat dynamic rather than fixed.

Weird behavior (no component is read only) but I have over 100 tabs on the form (is there a limit?).  Tabbing goes (for example) 117, 118, 73, 119, 120 etc.  When I look at the tab stop numbers they are all correct (ie 73 is 73 etc).

The platform is Windows 7 64 bit Lazarus is 1.6.4 FPC 3.0.2

DG

RAW

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 04:22:55 am »
Did you try your code with LAZARUS 1.8.2 or TRUNK ?
Would be my first try...  :)
Windows 7 Pro (x64 Sp1) & Windows XP Pro (x86 Sp3).

taazz

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 08:27:07 am »
there is no limit on the tab order as far as I know there is an exception though
a container(frame, panel, scrollbox etc) can not receive focus but its contained controls can, those controls have their own tab order and they can not be inter weaved with the tab order of other containers once a container's control is focused then tab will work its way through those controls before exiting to the next on the container's parent.
Good judgement is the result of experience … Experience is the result of bad judgement.

Laz: Lazarus 1.4.4 FPC 2.6.4 i386-win32-win32/win64

TinyPortal © 2005-2018