Forum > Editor

An IDE Issue

(1/2) > >>

Handoko:
This issue is related with the one I posted some time ago:
https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,39157.msg267761.html

Because some said that was not a bug, it's okay to me. But similar related to it, I now found something that is annoying.

Tested on Lazarus 1.8.0 64-bit Gtk2 Ubuntu Mate 17.10. It always reproducible on my tests.

Steps to reproduce the issue:
01. Start a new project (File > New > Project > Application)
02. Put a TShape on the form
03. On the Object Inspector, click Top (see image below)
04. Use mouse to drag and move the TShape
05. If you drag about 2 cm or more, then it will be out of the screen

I understand that when the Top property is selected on the Object Inspector, it is locked to modify using mouse. But it should not cause dragging becomes extremely fast.

Can you reproduce this 'annoying' behavior on your tests? Should I report it to the bug report forum?

WooBean:
@Handoko

I tried to reproduce your problem at Linux Mint 18.3 Sylvia 64-bit, MATE 1.18.0, Lazarus 1.8.0, FPC 3.0.4, gtk2 - nothing happened, everything works without any problem. I see some visual difference in my and your Lazarus IDE - in my case it is used a docked IDE (with sparta packages). BTW, I cannot imagine one could live widthout a docked IDE.

Maybe your mouse hardware or driver is a culprit?

WooBean

dbannon:
yep, Handoko, i can confirm that.

While top remained fixed, i quickly found my tshape had a left of -27568  !

lazarus 1.8.0, ubuntu mate 16.04.4

interesting we are both using Mate ....

Davo

rvk:

--- Quote from: Handoko on March 13, 2018, 07:25:19 am ---Can you reproduce this 'annoying' behavior on your tests? Should I report it to the bug report forum?

--- End quote ---
Yes, Lazarus 1.9.0 (trunk) from 2018-02-23 still has the problem.
So you can create a bug report.

Linux Mint 18.3 in VB, Lazarus 1.9.0 r57354 FPC 3.1.1 x86_64-linux-gtk2

It's also true if you focus on the property "Left" and move the shape with the mouse.
And it doesn't just happen with TShape. It also happens with TButton or any other component.

(damn, where is my shape now :'( )

Martin_fr:
I remember similar issues in the past, and they were considered bugs then.

That includes the "lock" issue.

Even if top/left/width/height is selected in the OI, it should still change if modified on the form.

And both issues you describe (here and other thread) work on windows (i.e., those issues do not exist on windows)

So something is different in the execution order of events for gtk, and this causes the issues.
IMHO clearly a bug.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version