Recent

Author Topic: Convert DBISAM tables to that compatible with use by Lazarus  (Read 2517 times)

boilerup73

Convert DBISAM tables to that compatible with use by Lazarus
« on: March 07, 2018, 04:21:35 am »
I would really like to be able to migrate my existing Delphi database application (created in Delphi 2007 RAD Studio) to Lazarus. The only issue I have at this point in time is how to convert my existing DBISAM database tables to SQLite or another database that's compatible for use in Lazarus. While I have searched the web 'til I'm blue in the face, I have as yet to find a viable solution to my problem. In reality, I would really like to be able to use SQLite but if there are other comparable database options, I'm all ears. I should also add that my delphi database app happens to employ a lot of Delphi third party components such as a third party grid and other third party components that were much improved over what Delphi provided at the time. In reality, I would think that over the last ten years, grid and other components have vastly improved in which case this hopefully won't be a problem. As such, any comments or suggestions regarding this subject matter are most appreciated. Thank you ahead of time.  ::)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 04:24:38 am by boilerup73 »

Thaddy

• Probably until I exterminate Putin.
Re: Convert DBISAM tables to that compatible with use by Lazarus
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 07:42:37 am »
DBISAM is not available in Freepascal. It is a closest source commercial product.
So you would have to write your exporter in D2007 first. (Preferably directly to Sqlite3 or CSV )
You can subsequently use your exported data in Lazarus/FreePascal.
[edit]
According to the official website:
"Both DBISAM and ElevateDB can be compiled directly into any Delphi, Lazarus, or C++Builder application, providing small, fast, and embedded native code execution. No DLLs and no external configuration via the Windows registry required."

So you should be able to buy a Lazarus version if DbIsam if so required...
If you have the sourcecode edition it will probably compile in FPC, emulating D2007 or D7
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 08:19:50 am by Thaddy »
Specialize a type, not a var.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018