Author Topic: Convert DBISAM tables to that compatible with use by Lazarus  (Read 187 times)

Convert DBISAM tables to that compatible with use by Lazarus
« on: March 07, 2018, 04:21:35 am »
I would really like to be able to migrate my existing Delphi database application (created in Delphi 2007 RAD Studio) to Lazarus. The only issue I have at this point in time is how to convert my existing DBISAM database tables to SQLite or another database that's compatible for use in Lazarus. While I have searched the web 'til I'm blue in the face, I have as yet to find a viable solution to my problem. In reality, I would really like to be able to use SQLite but if there are other comparable database options, I'm all ears. I should also add that my delphi database app happens to employ a lot of Delphi third party components such as a third party grid and other third party components that were much improved over what Delphi provided at the time. In reality, I would think that over the last ten years, grid and other components have vastly improved in which case this hopefully won't be a problem. As such, any comments or suggestions regarding this subject matter are most appreciated. Thank you ahead of time.  ::)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 04:24:38 am by boilerup73 »

Re: Convert DBISAM tables to that compatible with use by Lazarus
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 07:42:37 am »
DBISAM is not available in Freepascal. It is a closest source commercial product.
So you would have to write your exporter in D2007 first. (Preferably directly to Sqlite3 or CSV )
You can subsequently use your exported data in Lazarus/FreePascal.
According to the official website:
"Both DBISAM and ElevateDB can be compiled directly into any Delphi, Lazarus, or C++Builder application, providing small, fast, and embedded native code execution. No DLLs and no external configuration via the Windows registry required."

So you should be able to buy a Lazarus version if DbIsam if so required...
If you have the sourcecode edition it will probably compile in FPC, emulating D2007 or D7
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 08:19:50 am by Thaddy »
RTFM means Read The Future Manuals. It is not in any way offensive.

Get Lazarus at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads Open Hub project report for Lazarus