Forum > Editor

code completion for case statements with enumerated types

(1/1)

Syndrome:
does lazarus support it?

Martin_fr:
you mean http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/New_IDE_features_since#code_macro_OfAll ?

Syndrome:

--- Quote from: Martin_fr on March 01, 2018, 12:19:42 pm ---you mean http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/New_IDE_features_since#code_macro_OfAll ?

--- End quote ---

Yes. Thank you. Sadly, it generates unaligned code, but this is better than manually enumerating all the values.

I left an alignment example below. It looks like the "code insertion" feature eats tabs - so i left comments describing the alignment.

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---procedure test_code_completion_for_case_statements;type        enumerated_type = (a, b, c, d, e, f, g);var        enum:enumerated_type;begin        case enum of {<- manually aligned case statement}                a: ;   {<- aligned with 2 tabs}                b: ;   {<- aligned with 2 tabs}                c: ;   {<- aligned with 2 tabs}                d: ;   {<- aligned with 2 tabs}                e: ;   {<- aligned with 2 tabs}                f: ;   {<- aligned with 2 tabs}                g: ;   {<- aligned with 2 tabs}        end;      {<- aligned with 1 tab}         case enum of {<- auto completed case statement}        a: ;   {<- aligned with 1 space + 1 tab}         b: ;  {<- aligned with 1 tab + 1 space}         c: ;  {<- aligned with 1 tab + 1 space}         d: ;  {<- aligned with 1 tab + 1 space}         e: ;  {<- aligned with 1 tab + 1 space}         f: ;  {<- aligned with 1 tab + 1 space}         g: ;  {<- aligned with 1 tab + 1 space} end;     {<- keyword "end" aligned with 1 space}end;
Do you know how to modify built-in macros? I could try to fix this myself.

ASerge:

--- Quote from: Syndrome on March 01, 2018, 12:44:28 pm ---I left an alignment example below. It looks like the "code insertion" feature eats tabs - so i left comments describing the alignment.
Do you know how to modify built-in macros? I could try to fix this myself.

--- End quote ---
Lazarus 1.8.2, Windows, x64.
Auto completed case statement:

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---procedure Test;type  TEnum = (a, b, c, d, e, f, g);var  Enum: TEnum;begin  Enum := a;  case Enum of    a: ;    b: ;    c: ;    d: ;    e: ;    f: ;    g: ;  end;end;All correct.

Syndrome:
Lazarus 1.8.2. Windows 8.1 x64. All incorrect. I use tabs instead of spaces.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version