Forum > Packages and Libraries

Unknown/Unsupported Targa image type

(1/3) > >>

NelsonN:
The "Unknown/Unsupported Targa image type" IDE error is driving me crazy. No matter what I do I can't seem to get past it.

This happened after I added the thtmlview component. I searched for hours and the only forum post I see really doesn't tell me anything about fixing it.

I am using Lazarus 1.8.0 installed as a second installation. I kept Lazarus 1.6 installed.

wp:
There was another message somewhere reporting the same issue, and it was mentioned that this behavior is related to the package ImagesForLazarus. There is also a bugreport that this package is set up with incorrect debug information. This is fixed in trunk now. On Laz 1.8 you fix this yourself by opening the file imagesforlazarus.lpk (it is in (lazarus)/components/images. In its "Options" > "Compiler options" > "Debugging" set "Type of debug info" to "Automatic". Rebuild the IDE.

Does this solve the issue? If you uninstall ImagesForLazarus.

NelsonN:
I tried uninstalling it, it didn't work. I also tried recompiling with the settings you provided, that also didn't fix the issue. I have to revert back to the lazarus.old.exe after every try because after the window alerting me to the Targa error Lazarus just stops loading.

Maybe uninstalling and trying again. I see a new version is out but that has some more changes since Lazarus 1.6.

wp:
What is your OS, your widget-set?

NelsonN:
I am running Windows 10 with the default widget set.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version