Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus Release 1.8.2 (with FPC 3.0.4)  (Read 106877 times)

guest58172

Re: Lazarus Release 1.8.2 (with FPC 3.0.4)
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2018, 03:17:08 pm »
lresources.pp(40,30) Fatal: Cannot find DynQueue used by LResources, incompatible ppu=/home/a/.lazarus/lib/LazUtils/lib/x86_64-linux/dynqueue.ppu, multiple packages: LazUtils, LCLBase
There is a very simple solution. Build Lazarus clean so that all .ppu files are deleted before the build.
You can also explicitly delete all .ppu and .o files under ~/.lazarus. There is no need to delete the whole config directory.
The ppu and .o files are placed in ~/.lazarus when you have installed into a write protected directory under /usr.

To be honest i don't know why the heck deleting the config file has fixed the problem (which i already encountered when upgrading from 1.6.4 to 1.8.0, unfortunately i didn't remember what i did last time).

Bart

• Bart en Mariska's Webstek
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2018, 03:19:36 pm »
and finally insult you (the team) to compensate the frustration of what we are forced to do because you don't want to see that upgrading lazarus never works.

My god, updating Lazarus is easier than updating any MS product.

Bart

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2018, 03:31:40 pm »
Code: [Select]
[quote author=BBasile link=topic=40273.msg278521#msg278521 date=1520169338]
lresources.pp(40,30) Fatal: Cannot find DynQueue used by LResources, incompatible ppu=/home/a/.lazarus/lib/LazUtils/lib/x86_64-linux/dynqueue.ppu, multiple packages: LazUtils, LCLBase
[/quote]
[quote author=BBasile link=topic=40273.msg278523#msg278523 date=1520170070]
As usual forced to
- delete the previous configuration folder;
- tweak the settings for tabulation, speed of intellisense, editor colors, etc;
- reinstall the packages
[/quote]

Those errors above are usually caused by old .ppu or .o files. So it should be enough to do something like (don't have Linux at hand to test)
[codel]find ~/.lazarus -name '*.ppu' | xargs rm
find ~/.lazarus -name '*.o' | xargs rm
And anywhere else you have ppu files that you compiled (in case of packages)
Usually it should even help to go to Tools > Configure build IDE, and select "clean all". But you may have to do "clean all" for packages too.
(I very rarely needed that / tested on win)

Additionally do a "Rescan fpc source directory" (I never needed that / tested on win / and missing this would not lead to compiler errors anyway)

I don't know why (in your case / in some (all?) cases) this does not happen on it own.
(I only use svn on Linux)

I use the installer on Windows. Depending on how you choose to install (permissions, upgrade vs uninstall (keep conf)) it is indeed possible that some ppu files will be left, that should not be there. But they can always be fixed, while keeping all config.

In any case you should be able to keep the xml files. And the lps files that are in .lazarus.

---------------------
AFAIK the extra ppu files happen, if a pas file was renamed, or moved. In this case when doing a none clean compile, the compiler does see a ppu file, but there is no source, so there is no way to recompile it. So the old ppu does not get removed. And when later found, it can cause the errors you have. On a clean build, those ppu are deleted.

The problem is, that the installer does not make changes to you .lazarus folder. But that is where they are hiding. I do not know if something like this:
a) can be added to rpm or dep files
b) would be wise to do...

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2018, 03:51:34 pm »
To be honest i don't know why the heck deleting the config file has fixed the problem
Config directory, not config file. I actually explained it above.
The .ppu and .o files are placed in config directory "~/.lazarus" when you installed Lazarus into a write protected directory under /usr.
Then "startlazarus" starts the correct binary.
Deleting .ppu and .o files is trivial. Yes, maybe the installer should do it automatically. Until then it can be done manually.
This solution has been mentioned in this forum many times. Maybe during the next update you will remember it. :)
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2018, 04:05:01 pm »
Last annoyance: AnchorDocking bug...project inspector disapeared and when restarting the IDE, "poof" i just had the menu and the source editor. Seriously this component is completly bugged. Even recently for Coedit i had several report related to docking. Each time i have to say: "sorry i'm not the author, it's bugged and in beta since forever..."
Lazarus 1.8 was the first version where AnchorDocking worked rather well for me.
Please report the problems with clear steps to reproduce.
With AnchorDocking problems it may be wise to start with clean configuration. The config format changed especially due to the new configurable Desktops feature.
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

nouzi

« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2018, 07:37:14 pm »
Nice job
My English is  bad
Lazarus last version free pascal last version
Lazarus trunk  free pascal trunk 
System : Linux mint  64bit  Windows 7 64bit

guest58172

« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2018, 06:43:34 am »
Code: [Select]
[quote author=BBasile link=topic=40273.msg278521#msg278521 date=1520169338]
[/quote]
[quote author=BBasile link=topic=40273.msg278523#msg278523 date=1520170070]
As usual forced to
- delete the previous configuration folder;
- tweak the settings for tabulation, speed of intellisense, editor colors, etc;
- reinstall the packages
[/quote]

Those errors above are usually caused by old .ppu or .o files. So it should be enough to do something like (don't have Linux at hand to test)
[codel]find ~/.lazarus -name '*.ppu' | xargs rm
find ~/.lazarus -name '*.o' | xargs rm
And anywhere else you have ppu files that you compiled (in case of packages)
Usually it should even help to go to Tools > Configure build IDE, and select "clean all". But you may have to do "clean all" for packages too.
(I very rarely needed that / tested on win)

Additionally do a "Rescan fpc source directory" (I never needed that / tested on win / and missing this would not lead to compiler errors anyway)

I don't know why (in your case / in some (all?) cases) this does not happen on it own.
(I only use svn on Linux)

I use the installer on Windows. Depending on how you choose to install (permissions, upgrade vs uninstall (keep conf)) it is indeed possible that some ppu files will be left, that should not be there. But they can always be fixed, while keeping all config.

In any case you should be able to keep the xml files. And the lps files that are in .lazarus.

---------------------
AFAIK the extra ppu files happen, if a pas file was renamed, or moved. In this case when doing a none clean compile, the compiler does see a ppu file, but there is no source, so there is no way to recompile it. So the old ppu does not get removed. And when later found, it can cause the errors you have. On a clean build, those ppu are deleted.

The problem is, that the installer does not make changes to you .lazarus folder. But that is where they are hiding. I do not know if something like this:
a) can be added to rpm or dep files
b) would be wise to do...

On windows after installing, still 1.8.0 was launched. Had to delete the executable and reinstall 1.8.2 a second time over 1.8.2 ...
Still better than on linux but still something that shouldn't happen.

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2018, 10:03:29 am »
On windows after installing, still 1.8.0 was launched. Had to delete the executable and reinstall 1.8.2 a second time over 1.8.2 ...
Still better than on linux but still something that shouldn't happen.

Interesting. AFAIK, first time that happened, or at least first time I saw it getting reported.
I do a test install of every released window version. And I haven't seen that yet either.

Are you able to reproduce this?

When it is going wrong, ....

... after install can you check the file dates of
C:\lazarus\lazarus.exe
C:\lazarus\startlazarus.exe

... are they both updated?
... do you use the desktop or startmenu shortcut? Can you inspect the properties of the shortcut, and see what it links too?
... Can you run the 2 above files directly (from their folder) and see what happens?

Is this your only installation of Lazarus?

Had to delete the executableHad to delete the executable
Just C:\lazarus\lazarus.exe
Or other files too?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 10:07:20 am by Martin_fr »

mischi

« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2018, 01:10:46 pm »
macOS: Package descriptions for lazarus 1.8.2. are on the way for fink, the Debian like package manager. It provides packages for lazarus-aqua (carbon, 32bit), lazarus-gtk2 (64 bit), lazarus-qt4 (64 bit) and as a new one lazarus-qt5 (64 bit). In addition there are packages for cross-platform lcls (win32, win64 and wince). Regarding cocoa, there is a cocoa-based lcl, but no lazarus-cocoa since version 1.8.2 has some issues, which are only resolved in trunk.

MiSchi.

fred1933

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2018, 11:12:28 am »
Dear Lazarus Team,

here is my configuration :
- 2014 model Mac book pro
- Mac OS X High Sierra 10.13.3
- XCode 9.2
- Lazarus 1.8.2
- FPC 3.0.4

I had  Lazarus 1.6.4 on 10.12 MacOS and it worked very well but for hardware compatibility reason, i had to upgrade my OS.

Lazarus 1.8.2 installation was made by following this procedure :
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Installing_Lazarus_on_MacOS_X

I confirm some big problems with this version of lazarus IDE :

1/ The IDE crashed when I tried to read/write an unit and other project source files.
2/ When I tried to run Lazarus IDE by clicking on the *.lpi or *.lpr file, the IDE start but with the clear default  "Projet_1".
3/ Same behaviours  with a component packet (*.lpk)

The problem seems to be in the Open/write file dialog component of the IDE.

I note that no one Lazarus IDE/FPC was tested with High-Sierra Mac OS version and try to give simple user return to the developer team.

Fred

mischi

« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2018, 03:42:19 pm »
I have successfully used Lazarus 1.8.2 on High Sierra (10.13.3) although installed through fink. So, it should work, but something seems to be wrong with your setup.

Does your lazarus work with a new project from scratch? If not your preference files might be borked.

A Crash when opening a project might be caused by a borked project. Can you check your logs with the Consol for error logs?

You might also start lazarus from a terminal with the command 'open Lazarus.app' and get more logs in the terminal.

What is your setting for debugging? It might be better to get going to switch it off for the moment.
Go to the menu Tools → Settings → Debugger and set the debugger to (none).

To the best of my knowledge, double clicking a package or project file (your issues 2 & 3) never worked on macOS. If this is not a known issue, can you file an according issue in the bug tracker?

MiSchi

fred1933

« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2018, 11:59:25 am »
Thank you for giving me research leads for fix the issue.
My Lazarus work with a new project from scratch.
I run Lazarus under terminal by enter : ./lazarus (Open Lazarus.app given not me logs).

I'll try to use fink to install a new Lazarus.

On the attached file: the terminal Logs
FB

moe

« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2018, 08:02:03 pm »
Thank You Guys,

I've finally brought myself to make a donation. Not much, though.
Nice work.

mischi

« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2018, 11:43:51 pm »
My Lazarus work with a new project from scratch.
Then i suspect that your project is borked. Difficult situation. Sorry. Is it possible to create it from scratch?

segfault

« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2018, 03:13:21 pm »
Thanks for the release. It seems to work great using Wine 1.8.7. on Linux.  :)

TinyPortal © 2005-2018