Recent

Author Topic: [SOLVED] iOS library wrong or missing signature  (Read 9929 times)

tk

[SOLVED] iOS library wrong or missing signature
« on: February 19, 2018, 03:38:37 pm »
I have problem with deploying my Xamarin app that uses FPC built libraries (linked as Native references to Xamarin project) to Apple review using Xcode application loader.

For my library the loader reports:
Code: [Select]
ERROR ITMS-90034: "Missing or invalid signature. The bundle '{library_bundle_identifier}' at bundle path 'Payload/{path_to_framework}.framework' is not signed using an Apple submission certificate."

We've already paid for the Apple Developer Program and everything seems correctly configured otherwise.
When testing on my Iphone with development provisioning (free or paid) the app works fine.
But when I try to put it with distribution provisioning to the app store I get this error.
The certificate for Xamarin app itself (main executable) seems to be correct, at least I've never got this error for the main executable (but I am not sure at which stage the App Store validates this).

What to do now? Should i sign my libraries? How?
Did not find anything about this on google or this forum.
Searched even for native C libraries but did not find anything either.
I've found eg. https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/Security/Conceptual/CodeSigningGuide/Procedures/Procedures.html.
But I am not sure how to apply this for FPC built libraries.

Thank you
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 06:26:29 pm by tk »

Phil

Re: iOS library wrong or missing signature
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 03:52:24 pm »
For my library the loader reports:
Code: [Select]
ERROR ITMS-90034: "Missing or invalid signature. The bundle '{library_bundle_identifier}' at bundle path 'Payload/{path_to_framework}.framework' is not signed using an Apple submission certificate."

Sounds like your framework needs to be signed. Did you use the --deep switch with codesign to make sure that nested content in your overall bundle is signed?

Thaddy

• Probably until I exterminate Putin.
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 05:16:10 pm »
Xamarin is not FPC (or Lazarus).
Phil is right: --deep (and recompile literaly *everything* ) Which is good for a release build anyway.....
Another option is to link statically... really statically. Apple is strict and rightly so. (which is a pun on .so  8-) )
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 05:49:34 pm by Thaddy »
Specialize a type, not a var.

tk

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 06:18:33 pm »
Thanks guys, it was the --deep option that helped.
I've added it to iOS Bundle Signing/Additional Arguments field in Xamarin iOS project options.
And finally got the green mark in Application loader and finally after 10 minutes a confirmation email came that the build completed processing.
Now, finally, I can see the build in iTunes Connect and submit the stuff for reviewing.
Hopefully there will be no further issues during their reviewing - but I don't believe it much because IMO Apple is way too strict :(

TinyPortal © 2005-2018