Recent

Author Topic: Convert Delphi-2007 data acquisition program to Lazarus  (Read 8054 times)

Paul Breneman

• Control Pascal
Convert Delphi-2007 data acquisition program to Lazarus
« on: February 10, 2018, 05:49:38 pm »
Convert:
1)  database from Paradox (Borland BDE) to Jet/ACE (Access) (need 21 CFR requirements met in later phase). What components will be used?
2) existing Paradox database files to new database (to upgrade existing customers)

Change components:
3) Woll2Woll InfoPower components to standard components
4) Gigasoft ProEssentials graphing to TAChart
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 12:34:06 pm by Paul Breneman »
Regards,
Paul Breneman
www.ControlPascal.com

Phil

Re: Delphi-2007 program modification or convert to Lazarus
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 05:54:48 pm »
Convert existing Delphi-2007 data acquisition program from Paradox (Borland BDE) to Firebird or Access (and help us decide which to use).  Need access of data in Microsoft Office and 21 CFR requirements met.

Are you just staying on Windows or do you have interest in cross-platform, including mobile?

Paul Breneman

• Control Pascal
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 06:02:22 pm »
Are you just staying on Windows or do you have interest in cross-platform, including mobile?

Probably just Windows desktop for now.  Seems a little difficult to do data acquisition on a mobile.  :)
Regards,
Paul Breneman
www.ControlPascal.com

Phil

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 06:07:39 pm »

Probably just Windows desktop for now.  Seems a little difficult to do data acquisition on a mobile.  :)

I ask that mostly because I don't really see the point of moving it just from point A to point B on the broad platform spectrum. A thorough rewrite would mean considering all possibilities.

I've always any charting directly with Excel under program control simply because users did not want charts. Rather, they wanted Excel charts that they could then work with the way they do normally.

Note that any COM Automation stuff that you might be doing with Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) can also be done on Mac with Mac Office (just not with COM, since that's Windows only).

Paul Breneman

• Control Pascal
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2018, 06:52:41 pm »
I ask that mostly because I don't really see the point of moving it just from point A to point B on the broad platform spectrum. A thorough rewrite would mean considering all possibilities.

I've always any charting directly with Excel under program control simply because users did not want charts. Rather, they wanted Excel charts that they could then work with the way they do normally.

Note that any COM Automation stuff that you might be doing with Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) can also be done on Mac with Mac Office (just not with COM, since that's Windows only).

Thanks for your questions Phil.  The program runs 24x7 in factories connected via serial to measuring instruments.  Graphing is needed in the program itself during calibration.  Clients might look at data in Office to see trends but that is also supported in the program.
Regards,
Paul Breneman
www.ControlPascal.com

wp

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2018, 06:59:49 pm »
Existing Gigasoft ProEssentials graphing will need conversion if Lazarus is used.
If you don't need these 3D-terrain graphs which they show on their website I think you can do all the graphing with TAChart.

Paul Breneman

• Control Pascal
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2018, 07:11:57 pm »
Existing Gigasoft ProEssentials graphing will need conversion if Lazarus is used.
If you don't need these 3D-terrain graphs which they show on their website I think you can do all the graphing with TAChart.

Thank you wp very much for suggesting TAChart!  I haven't checked that out for a long time.

http://wiki.freepascal.org/TAChart
Regards,
Paul Breneman
www.ControlPascal.com

Paul Breneman

• Control Pascal
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2018, 12:36:20 pm »
Thank you wp very much for suggesting TAChart!  I haven't checked that out for a long time.

http://wiki.freepascal.org/TAChart

The original message has now been updated.
Regards,
Paul Breneman
www.ControlPascal.com

LemonParty

Re: Convert Delphi-2007 data acquisition program to Lazarus
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2018, 03:58:46 pm »
I am interesting in your project. Write me PM for detail conversation.

cpalx

Re: Convert Delphi-2007 data acquisition program to Lazarus
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2018, 08:28:25 pm »
i am interesting too

TinyPortal © 2005-2018