Recent

Author Topic: Column indicator draw  (Read 3006 times)

J-23

Column indicator draw
« on: January 28, 2018, 04:03:39 am »
Hello,
I found the code that is responsible for drawing the 'indicator' in Grid but it needs to get to the code of the column on which the 'indicator' is drawn

Where to look for it?

Regards

ASerge

Re: Column indicator draw
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 02:01:02 pm »
I found the code that is responsible for drawing the 'indicator' in Grid but it needs to get to the code of the column on which the 'indicator' is drawn
What is an 'indicator'? Do you want the position of the slider or its size and coordinates in pixels?

jamie

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 04:17:11 pm »
I think he is looking to see how the grid lines are drawn on the screen, partitioned etc..

The TDrawGrid would be a good start.
The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing

balazsszekely

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 04:25:04 pm »
The indicator is the small triangle in front of the focused row. Still I'm not sure if I' understood the question. It is drawn to the first fixed column.

jamie

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 04:37:37 pm »
yeah, that looks logical..

I don't think that is part of the grid itself, it is something that needs to be drawn during the
OnDrawCell or override the DoDrawCell etc..

Or you can use a TArray as a control on the left column located in Misc tab
The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing

J-23

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2018, 05:33:07 pm »
The indicator is the small triangle in front of the focused row. Still I'm not sure if I' understood the question. It is drawn to the first fixed column.

yes, it is about the "narrow space" on which the indicator is drawn. How to manipulate this space - where is it defined in Grid?

balazsszekely

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2018, 05:42:52 pm »
yes, it is about the "narrow space" on which the indicator is drawn. How to manipulate this space - where is it defined in Grid?
You should subclass TDBGrid or write a class helper, but if you're lazy just copy DBGrid.pas from $(LazarusDir)\lcl folder to your project directory and change the line(see screenshot), or do whatever modifications are necessary.

wp

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2018, 05:45:59 pm »
If you are talking of the DBGrid, the indicator is drawn by TCustomDBGrid.DrawIndicators in DBGrids. The rectangle available for painting is passed as parameter R. It is called from TCustomDBGrid.DrawFixedText which in turn is called from TCustomDrawGrid.DefaultDrawCell if the DrawingState includes the flag gdFixed. DefaultDrawCell is called (via DrawCell) from TCustomGrid.DrawRow which is called from TCustomGrid.DrawAllRows.

So the entire calling sequence is
TCustomGrid.Paint --> TCustomGrid.DrawAllRows --> TCustomGrid.DrawRow --> TCustomDBGrid.DrawCell --> TCustomDBGrid.DefaultDrawCell --> TCustomDBGrid.DrawFixedText --> TCustomDBGrid.DrawIndicators.

J-23

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2018, 09:19:50 pm »
You should subclass TDBGrid or write a class helper, but if you're lazy just copy DBGrid.pas from $(LazarusDir)\lcl folder to your project directory and change the line(see screenshot), or do whatever modifications are necessary.

That's exactly what I meant. Thank you :)

TinyPortal © 2005-2018