Recent

Author Topic: EpikTimer  (Read 1712 times)

Uli

EpikTimer
« on: January 24, 2018, 12:00:51 am »
Hi,

I have sucessfully installed EpikTimer 1.0 in Lazarus v1.4.4 under Win XP SP3. My self written porgram is working, but I ihave to divide timer results by 3.6 to get correct values. before fixing this problem want to compile the ETDemo Application http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/EpikTimer#The_ETDemo_Application. But I get the "Error: Argument can't be assigned to" in line 230 of main.pas. How can I fix this error?

Uli

jamie

Re: EpikTimer
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 12:25:13 am »
I didn't look at that demo app but can it's obvious you are trying to alter a read only property or
a non writeable  CONST, Which you can not do.

Can you elaborate on the reason you think you need this timer over what is already provided?

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing

Uli

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 06:10:03 pm »
Hi,

thanks, the error occurrs in line:
Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1.     ET.HWTimebase.TicksFrequency:=trunc(CorrelatedTickFrequency);
of main.pas.
in epiktimer.pas is:
Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1.       property HWTimebase: TimeBaseData read FHWTicks write FHWTicks; // The hardware timebase

I want to migrate to linux. QueryPerformanceCounter (working under Windows) is not working under linux. I want to compile the code anywhere. This should be possible with EpikTimer.

Uli

wp

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 06:53:11 pm »
I don't know if this is the same issue, but there is a commit message of Oct 8, 2016 saying "epiktimer: Fix compilation for fpc3.0". Therefore you should get yourself the latest version from CCR - since for non-svn users it is a bit hard to get packages out of CCR I am attaching the zip for you. You don't mention the FPC version; this commit fixed an issue with fpc 3.0, not with 2.6.4 - and I still have a Laz 1.4.4/FPC 2.6.4 lying around, and I don't see any compilation issue of EpikTimer's demo with it.

BTW, your Lazarus version 1.4.4 is rather old. Why don't you upgrade to 1.8? It is much better, and it has the Online-Package-Manager, from which you can install third-party packages extremely easily.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018