Recent

Author Topic: Best way to get newest betas of Lazarus while keeping production  (Read 2563 times)

MISV

Hi,

I use Lazarus 1.8 on macOS.

But I really need to get sated moving to Cocoa, get some of the latest fixes and experiment with Webview (Safari) for embedded browser on Mac, 64bit etc. I.e. When the day comes moving to Coca will solve a whole bunch of issues for me on my Mac/Lazarus build.

However, I am worried messing up my table (currently 1.8) install

Anyone else doing this?

balazsszekely

Re: Best way to get newest betas of Lazarus while keeping production
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 05:37:09 am »
Use fpcupdeluxe, it won't interfere with your current installation, just select a target directory and you're good to go. Please note the cocoa IDE is still unstable, but is improving each day, Dmitry has put a lot of effort lately to make it better. You can give it a try but perhaps the best option is to install carbon/qt then cross compile.
Forum thread: http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,34645.0.html
Binaries: https://github.com/newpascal/fpcupdeluxe/releases/tag/v1.6.0m  - search for cocoa

MISV

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 02:30:24 pm »
Thank you - I will try i out later today or this weekend!

MISV

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 02:29:40 am »
I used fpcupdeluxe to downloads and install everything from trunks.

However the 1.9.0 / Cocoa combo seems to error easily. If I e.g. in "install packages" search for indy by typing "i" it crashes.

I then tried to recompile IDE in carbon (and then just using cocoa when building my software) but that fails in CarbonProc unit with error

Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. carbonproc.pp(563,13) Error: Identifier not found "ATSUFindFontFromName"
(and many similar)

But The Cocoa IDE seems very close to complete and working - just a shame about the errors. I would be happy if I could recompile as Carbon though.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 03:00:13 am by MISV »

TinyPortal © 2005-2018