Recent

Author Topic: VLC not on a TPanel  (Read 1687 times)

elcomportal

VLC not on a TPanel
« on: January 16, 2018, 08:29:22 am »
Hi, is it possible to use other things than a TPanel to show the VLC Player in a Form? I have to play a video behind a transparent image.
regards
Torsten

Thaddy

• Sensorship about opinions does not belong here.
Re: VLC not on a TPanel
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 08:48:22 am »
That would lead to a lot of flicker even if it would work. Best to use the subtitle feature from VLC. Maybe an OpenGLCanvas? That has drawing options during VLC play on the same canvas.
Object Pascal programmers should get rid of their "component fetish" especially with the non-visuals.

elcomportal

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 12:06:04 pm »
Thank you.  But the problem is,  that it must be possible to change the size and the position of the image and the video independent.  Or i have to use another media player package...  ???

Thaddy

• Sensorship about opinions does not belong here.
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 12:28:16 pm »
Yes that is possible but only on the same canvas. Such things can not be easily done within the concept of Lazarus. It can be done, but that's not easy. By the way: this goes for EVERY language, like C++ too...

Some things are just difficult. I gave you one of the proper solutions.... Don't assume your question can be fixed with just some properties. That's not programming anyway.
Object Pascal programmers should get rid of their "component fetish" especially with the non-visuals.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018