Author Topic: UTF8 and numeric to string conversion  (Read 2011 times)

ASerge

Re: UTF8 and numeric to string conversion
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2018, 12:50:10 am »
The example from @wp works for you?

Lutz Mändle

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2018, 01:03:04 am »
Ok, then it should work, I've set up a small testproject with only one form with a TLabel and this FormCreate procedure:

Code: Pascal  [Select]
  1. procedure TMainForm.FormCreate(Sender: TObject);
  2. var
  3.   fAngle:double;
  4.   sAngle,
  5.   sCenterLabel:string;
  7. begin
  8.   fAngle:=23.3;
  9.   sAngle:=FloatToStr(fAngle);
  10.   sCenterLabel:=sAngle+'°';
  11.   Label1.Caption:=sCenterLabel;
  12. end;

If the source file ist utf8 encoded (with or without bom) it works correct in Windows (win32 widgetset) and Linux (qt5 widgetset).

Maybe some special things in Project->Project Options->Compiler Options->Additions and Override. I have no special settings here only LCLWidgetType is defined.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 01:11:28 am by Lutz Mändle »

wp

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2018, 09:12:18 am »
What is the encoding of the source file? Check it with right clicking in the source editor, then choose Filesettings->Encoding (Dateieinstellungen->Zeichenkodierung) in the popup menu.
Not sure if this is the real encoding of the file or just what it should be. Better to go the safe way: Open the source file which causes the trouble in a hex editor. Find the position with the '°'. Is there one byte ($B0) or two ($C2 $B0)? If its one byte then the file is ANSI. See attached screenshots taken from my demo above: "deg_utf8.png" is the original source file, "deg_ansi.png" after conversion to ansi.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 09:35:31 am by wp »
Lazarus trunk / fpc 3.0.4 / all 32-bit on Win-10

Lutz Mändle

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2018, 09:21:31 am »
I have checked this too, Lazarus indeed changes the real file encoding if you click in the Change Encoding dialog the button Change file.

Recent

Get Lazarus at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads Open Hub project report for Lazarus