Recent

Author Topic: Port LCL to android ?  (Read 2858 times)

sainimu78

Port LCL to android ?
« on: January 13, 2018, 06:45:49 am »
I tried LAMW, that is easy to make android apps. But I found that it is not possible to port my desktop app with it since LCL does not support android.

Why LCL does not support it ? and how can this be done ?

Thaddy

• Probably until I exterminate Putin.
Re: Port LCL to android ?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 09:02:40 am »
Specialize a type, not a var.

sainimu78

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 10:45:10 am »
With the custom drawn widgetset http://wiki.freepascal.org/Custom_Drawn_Interface

Based on custum drawn of course, building process is fine, but the app does not work if using LCL.

Thaddy

• Probably until I exterminate Putin.
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 11:15:37 am »
You must write your LCL app with the custom drawn widget set as a shared library and write a small java stub to launch it. It is all in the wiki.
I haven't tried it for a long time (I use ppcjvm for android) but it used to work pretty good.
Specialize a type, not a var.

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 06:31:07 pm »
Why LCL does not support it ?
Because no one currently implements Android backend for it. Felipe was the first to try bridging LCL with Android native UI, but didn't like the idea that he has to interface through JNI. In the end he made Custom Drawn interface that one of the supported backend is Android. It's far from complete, many controls are not yet available and the UI is, well, custom drawn (not native). LAMW comes as later attempt but instead of building as LCL backend it utilizes its own interface to maximize the use of Native Android UI. In theory it's possible to make true LCL-Android interface, but somebody has to do it and that's the most important missing bit.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018