Author Topic: play video with lclvlc  (Read 1182 times)

elcomportal

play video with lclvlc
« on: January 11, 2018, 08:27:21 am »
Hi,
in my program i need to play a video. just a play and a stop button and the video have to play in the same form. Is it possible to show that video in a TImage?
I don't know how to make it with GUI, only found a exsample for a command line player.
best regards
Torsten

wp

Re: play video with lclvlc
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 09:29:41 am »
(lazarus)\components\vlc\test\testlcl.lpi is a GUI example with Lazarus LCL. But you cannot use a TImage to display the video.
Lazarus trunk / fpc 3.0.4 / all 32-bit on Win-10

elcomportal

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 11:47:48 pm »
Thank you.
I have win 10 64bit. VLC Player installed (32bit). I've copied the folder videolan from program files (x86) to program files, but i get an error when i try to start a video. Could not load library c:\program files\Videolan\VLC\libvlccore.dll.
I don't know, what can i do...

wp

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 12:14:56 am »
Is your Lazarus 32-bit or 64bit? Since you installed VLCPlayer as 32 bit Lazarus must create a 32-bit exe as well. For this you either need to cross-compile from 64bit to 32 bit, or - easier - install Lazarus 32-bit. There's no need to copy VLC dlls to somewhere else. If VLC is properly installed the VLCPlayer will find its location from its registry entry.
Lazarus trunk / fpc 3.0.4 / all 32-bit on Win-10

elcomportal

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 03:28:43 pm »
Hi, thank you. It works. But now i have the problem, that the VLC display on a TPanel. I want to display a transparent image and the video behind it. How is it possible? TPanel are always in Front.

Recent

Get Lazarus at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads Open Hub project report for Lazarus