* * *

Author Topic: Upgraded to macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 ... linker problems  (Read 1602 times)

MISV

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 283
Upgraded to macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 ... linker problems
« on: January 11, 2018, 01:56:55 am »
I use Lazarus 1.8.0

No other changes to working system than upgrading macOS

Now when compiling I get

Exit code 256
An error occured while linking
Error while linking

Not sure where to start looking for problem

skalogryz

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1916
Re: Upgraded to macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 ... linker problems
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 02:06:19 am »
Try set i386 as cpu target explicitly

MISV

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 283
Re: Upgraded to macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 ... linker problems
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 12:23:35 am »
Hi

Okay - I have set "Tools | Configure build Lazarus" to Target CPU i386 - and this appears to work until compiling Indy - then that as always breaks ad the idStreamVCL issue.

...

Anyhow - my problem is for a project of mine that compiled fine earlier - I am not trying to compile Lazarus.

I have gotten a bit further. I was able to in addition to earlier reported error also get:

file not found: /usr/lib/crt1.o
An error occured while linking
Error while linking

...

Update: I will try redownload xcode commandline tools: xcode-select -- install (seems to hang) and investigate further (seems GCC related as well)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 12:28:28 am by MISV »

MISV

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 283
Re: Upgraded to macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 ... linker problems
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 12:34:12 pm »
Seems my xcode / commandline tools installation got reset by the High Sierra upgrade.

I have now downloaded xcode 9.2 and command line tools (the latter manually from Apple developer downloads)

It appears to work now - but I will return if I find other issues

hayanninja

  • New member
  • *
  • Posts: 34
Re: Upgraded to macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 ... linker problems
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 12:17:06 pm »
If you're having issues, try changing the compiler executable setting (in IDE Options -> Environment -> Files), change "fpc" at the end of it to "ppc386". This solved all compiler-related issues I was having on Mac (I'm also on High Sierra).

If doing this, make sure to compile against the Carbon widgetset rather than Cocoa.

 

Recent

Get Lazarus at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads Open Hub project report for Lazarus