Author Topic: I can't run application on different linux  (Read 1166 times)

boreas

I can't run application on different linux
« on: January 10, 2018, 08:00:27 am »
I developed application on ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS 32bit. I tried run from compiled file on ubuntu mate raspberry pi. But i coudn't.  How can i do this.
Thank u

Thaddy

Re: I can't run application on different linux
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 08:04:01 am »
Without knowing what the dependencies are, we can not answer this.
Can you provide information what units you are using or better: provide a simple example?
I am on a pi every day, so I can test immediately.
I might not give the answer that you want me to.. Peter Green 1969

boreas

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 08:19:31 am »
I use onyl a button and form.  GUI is GTK. I cant send app. to you if you want.

Thank u

dubst3pp4

• JavaScript, Smalltalk, ObjectPascal
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 08:21:10 am »
Sounds like that you compiled the program for x86 architecture but try to run it on arm! Although both run Linux, you will have to cross-compile as the processor architecture is completely different!

boreas

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 08:30:09 am »
I didnt change any thing about processor. I use default conf.

GetMem

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 08:51:35 am »
@boreas
I didnt change any thing about processor. I use default conf.
You don't have to. A binary created with Ubuntu will not run under raspberry as @dubst3pp4 already explained(different processor types). It's almost like running a windows exe in linux or vice versa. You have two solutions:
1. Compile the code under raspberry
2. Cross compile from ubuntu

Thaddy

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 09:23:31 am »
[You don't have to. A binary created with Ubuntu will not run under raspberry as @dubst3pp4 already explained(different processor types). It's almost like running a windows exe in linux or vice versa. You have two solutions:
Ubuntu runs on Raspberry Pi.... https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ARM/RaspberryPi
What Getmem means you can not run an Ubuntu binary compiled for a X86_64 or i386 intel architecture on an arm architecture. You need a cross compiler for that or compile your code on the raspberry pi itself.
You can install fpc using this link for RPi3: https://www.freepascal.org/down/arm/linux-netherlands.var#linuxbig302eabihf and this link for RPi1/2 : ftp://freepascal.stack.nl/pub/mirrors/fpc/dist/3.0.4/arm-linux/fpc-3.0.4.arm-linux-eabihf-raspberry.tar

That is recommended, because a standard ubuntu/armhf will installl fpc 2.6.2 which is very old. The above packages will install a current release version (3.0.4)

Anyway: give us some code or the units you use and we will solve it. (written on a Raspberry Pi 3)

You may need to install GTK2 libraries on Ubuntu on your pi , btw, did you do that? It is no longer installed by default. Or are you simply running Raspbian?
The first package link runs on Ubuntu/Raspberry pi since Ubuntu only runs on RPi3 or newer Rpi2's (armv7a architecture)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 09:34:17 am by Thaddy »
I might not give the answer that you want me to.. Peter Green 1969

Recent

Get Lazarus at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads Open Hub project report for Lazarus