Recent

Author Topic: [SOLVED] New charset problem  (Read 1949 times)

egsuh

[SOLVED] New charset problem
« on: January 10, 2018, 06:20:52 am »
I found another charset problem.

I have Korean characters in .pas file --- written in v1.6. At that time, I had no problem.

But in v1.8, some of the Korean strings  within quotes ('한글') causes compile error : something like "Not corrent utf8 text format". 

So I run [ Tools > Convert Encoding of Projects/Packages ] to utf8, and then, I cannot read the original text (they change into unreadable characters),  but I write it again. Then there are no problems.

Problem is, when I reload the files, the same problem happens repeatedly.  This time I can read the characters, but the compile error happens again.

Please advise me.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 06:43:33 am by egsuh »

engkin

Re: New charset problem
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 06:31:18 am »
Provide a simple project that shows the problem so we can test.

Just the source code. Compress and attach here.

egsuh

Re: New charset problem
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 06:43:07 am »
Hi,
Really thank you for your concerns. But I failed to reproduce the problem with small files. The .pas unit that caused the problem was originally Delphi unit. When I make new unit in Lazarus, there are no problems. I could not change the encoding type of the problematic file from ASCII to UTF8(w/o BOM), by any text-editors, like MS NotePad.  So I think it's not Lazarus problem --- rather, something inherent in the file itself. I just gave up, created new unit, and copied each function / procedures. If I see any similar problem again, I'll come back.

Regards,

TinyPortal © 2005-2018