Recent

Author Topic: ct4laz  (Read 57485 times)

avra

• Additional info
Re: Online Package Manager + ct4laz repository
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2018, 09:27:45 pm »
I stumbled across the package ExGeography the name of which and the fact that it is from Pilot Logic reminds me of the "astronomy" issues. Again it is a mixup of two separate sources.
You touched something that I was preparing to address. In general, I will avoid such mixed CT packages in ct4laz repo. Who ever needs them will be able to get them with ct2laz tool by hand. I plan to offer in ct4laz only packages where there aren't mixed unknown sources. I do not want to bring any trouble into OPM. I have identified a lot of sources of the CT components (only someone who tried it knows how much of a work that is), and excel file with my findings will follow. Then it will be more clear why some components will be excluded.

There is also a problem of CT using trunk Lazarus/FPC, while we would like to have OPM components work on official Lazarus. For small changes I added needed transformations to ct2laz CSV file, but for bigger ones I had to sometimes use older CT component instead of latest one. Of course, all that is transparent for users.

I hope to have ct4laz repo ready in few days.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 09:36:03 pm by avra »
ct2laz - Conversion between Lazarus and CodeTyphon
bithelpers - Bit manipulation for standard types
pasettimino - Siemens S7 PLC lib

avra

• Additional info
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2018, 12:44:29 pm »
This is the list of CT packages that will be included in ct4laz:

CT package:License:
pl_aggpasPUB
pl_aggpasvs
pl_apeLGPL
pl_asiovstGPL/LGPL2/MPL
pl_cindyMPL
pl_geogisLGPL3
pl_graphics32MPL/GPL(LnkExc)
pl_graphics32extMPL
pl_graphics32mgGPL
pl_graphics32vpr    MPL
pl_html5canvasMIT
pl_lockboxGPL/LGPL/MPL
pl_mapviewer
pl_openglMPL
pl_opengles
pl_openwirePUB
pl_synapsevsGPL3/LGPL3/MPL
pl_vulkan
pl_win_directxMPL
pl_win_directx11
pl_win_directx12APACHE2
pl_win_directxutMPL
pl_win_dspackMPL
pl_win_gdiMPL
pl_win_midiMPL

If you think that some of these packages for some reason should not end up in ct4laz repo, now is the time to say it.

These packages will not be included in the repo: pl_asphyresphinx, pl_astronomy, pl_barcodes, pl_brook, pl_cef, pl_chelper, pl_exsystem, pl_fbdataset, pl_fontengine, pl_freespider, pl_glscene, pl_greyhound, pl_nxpascal, pl_opengladv, pl_opengpsx, pl_openweather, pl_orca, pl_orca3d, pl_packager, pl_pappe, pl_pasdoc, pl_solutions, pl_solutionsweb, pl_uib, pl_usercontrol, pl_vampyreimaging, pl_win_oledb, pl_zengl. Some of them exist in the CCR, GITHUB or other public repos (links can be found in excel file). Therefore original versions should be used in OPM, not CT versions. Some of them have too many mixed licenses and using components from various hard to track sources, and some have other issues. If you really need some of those, you can always use ct2laz tool to get them from CT and convert for Lazarus.

I have not yet decided what do do with these: pl_chipmunkpas, pl_excompress, pl_excontrols, pl_exdatabase, pl_exdesign, pl_exgeographic, pl_fzcontrols, pl_gaiagis, pl_sdl2, pl_shapes, pl_titanscript, pl_titansound, pl_tsmbios, pl_virtualtreesextra, pl_wst. They will not be included in first release. There are YES and NO reasons to include any of them (look into excel file), so I will decide later. For one reason or the other I might also decide to not include whole component but just a part of it, we'll see.

These component packages already come with Lazarus or OPM: pl_abbrevia, pl_acs, pl_bgrabitmap, pl_bgracontrols, pl_bgrauecontrols, pl_box2d, pl_ceosmw, pl_cgi, pl_colorlib, pl_dataport, pl_dcp, pl_dmath, pl_eccontrols, pl_fortesreport, pl_fpspreadsheet, pl_generics, pl_glassdocking, pl_htmlviewer, pl_indy, pl_jujiboutils, pl_jvcl, pl_kcontrols, pl_lape, pl_lclextensions, pl_lnet, pl_luicontrols, pl_onguard, pl_opendocument, pl_orpheus, pl_pascalscada, pl_pascalscript, pl_powerpdf, pl_rgbgraphics, pl_richmemo, pl_richview, pl_rx, pl_spktoolbar, pl_synapse, pl_uos, pl_virtualtrees, pl_visualplanit, pl_xmlstreaming, pl_zeosdbo, pl_zmsql. These will be mapped to their Lazarus counter parts (automatically done during ct2laz conversion).

More details about packages can be found here:
https://bitbucket.org/avra/ct4laz/downloads/pl_packages_list.xls

Well, some of you were right and this more and more looks like a real fork instead of fully automated conversion as I was hoping for. Things got complicated after the decision to support official versions of Lazarus and FPC instead of trunks as CT is doing. That was hard decision but hopefully a good one.

wp

« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2018, 01:11:39 pm »
I have not yet decided what do do with these...
pl_exgeographic is the one which I was talking about in reply #54. It consists of FlagComponent which is already distributed by OPM separatey, and PascalTZ which will be added soon. --> you should skip it.
pl_wst probably is the same as wst on CCR.

avra

• Additional info
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2018, 01:32:08 pm »
pl_exgeographic is the one which I was talking about in reply #54.
Yes, I remember. I will not include that package for sure. The reason why pl_exgeographic is on that list is that some other units from that package might come into focus later - but to be honest the chance for that is very slim.

As for WST, it depends. Original author only partially applied patches needed for WST to work on latest Lazarus. GetMem applied all patches and OPM version is good for now. I would be most happy if original WST would fully work, but that is not the case. We will see what future brings. Hopefully WST never ends up in ct4laz.

wp

« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2018, 02:03:29 pm »
pl_exgeographic is the one which I was talking about in reply #54.
Yes, I remember. I will not include that package for sure. The reason why pl_exgeographic is on that list is that some other units from that package might come into focus later - but to be honest the chance for that is very slim
Which units? I am pretty sure that FlacComponent and PascalTZ contain all. (There is a "TVplVectorFlagUnit which does not fit into the naming scheme, but this is the same as unit flagcomponent).

avra

• Additional info
« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2018, 10:59:46 am »
Which units? I am pretty sure that FlacComponent and PascalTZ contain all.
Well, I was talking from my memory since I remembered that there was something left to check. Now when I look again I see it was just PascalTZ. I checked now and it can be found here , so we can mark the whole package as not needed.
 ;D

wp

« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2018, 11:03:01 am »
GetMem, PascalTZ (the other package which PilotLogic stuffed into the ExGeographic package) is now ready for OPM. Its download location is https://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus-ccr/files/PascalTZ/PascalTZ-2.1.1.zip/download, the update json is at https://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus-ccr/files/PascalTZ/OPM/update_pascaltz.json/download). Please be prepared that I did something wrong as usual  ;)

balazsszekely

« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2018, 11:56:44 am »
GetMem, PascalTZ (the other package which PilotLogic stuffed into the ExGeographic package) is now ready for OPM. Its download location is https://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus-ccr/files/PascalTZ/PascalTZ-2.1.1.zip/download, the update json is at https://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus-ccr/files/PascalTZ/OPM/update_pascaltz.json/download).
Thank you wp. I added to OPM.

Please be prepared that I did something wrong as usual  ;)
Somethings wrong with the JSON, because nothing appears in the external column. Please generate the json with OPM(as in the image), then modify "DownloadZipURL" and "Version" if necessary(OPM takes the currently installed version number as default).

wp

« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2018, 12:20:01 pm »
I knew something would be wrong. A typo in the package name... This is the new update link: https://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus-ccr/files/PascalTZ/OPM/update_PascalTZ.json/download.

balazsszekely

« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2018, 01:17:36 pm »
I knew something would be wrong. A typo in the package name... This is the new update link: https://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus-ccr/files/PascalTZ/OPM/update_PascalTZ.json/download.
Just updated the link. It works fine now.

wp

« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2018, 12:06:11 pm »
@GetMem: I arranged with the current maintainer of the package PascalTZ that he will host the updates and update link on his own github. The update.json now can be found at https://github.com/dezlov/PascalTZ/raw/master/opm/update.json

balazsszekely

« Reply #71 on: March 01, 2018, 12:14:17 pm »
Should I move the home page too? From:
   https://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus-ccr/files/PascalTZ
to
   https://github.com/dezlov/PascalTZ
Or only the json changes location?

wp

« Reply #72 on: March 01, 2018, 12:25:02 pm »
Yes, I think so. Thank you.

There is also a wiki page (http://wiki.freepascal.org/PascalTZ) with similar content. I guess you can't use both. If you can't I think we should pick the github page because it's better to have everything under the same roof.

balazsszekely

« Reply #73 on: March 01, 2018, 12:42:42 pm »
wp
Only one link is possible, so I went with the one from the github page. Thanks.

avra

• Additional info
« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2018, 07:03:21 pm »
https://bitbucket.org/avra/ct4laz/downloads/ct4laz-preview.zip

This is a preview version of upcoming repo, tested on 32-bit LAZ 1.8.1 + FPC 3.0.5 and running fine on Win10x64. Some testing was also done on Manjaro64 but not as complete and as often as on Windows.

I would like you to check if such directory hierarchy is acceptable for OPM or there is something that needs to be changed. There is a \examples\0_libraries directory which will probably be shared by several component packages. I did not yet check which ones need it. Is such shared dir acceptable for OPM? That directory holds libs even for solaris and freebsd. I do not know how many people use those two, so I am in a temptation to delete them. What do you say?

I was thinking to add pl_chipmunkpas package too, but it's example needs pl_glscene which exists as a Lazarus repo so I do not want to include CT version. At first I wanted to ask you to include gl_scene in OPM, but when I saw that packages and examples from the repo can not compile I made necessary changes and I will contact Lazarus GLScene repo maintainer to include them. Once this is fixed and if you agree to include GLScene into OPM, I will include pl_chipmunkpas. What do you say?
GLScene Lazarus repo: https://sourceforge.net/p/glscene/code/HEAD/tree/branches/GLSceneLCL/

pl_geogis and pl_mapviewer both have a version of TMapViewer. We do not need to include them if someone knows a better version with a repo. Anyone?

I have also found a clear license violation in pl_exsystem package. It contains TplAppEventsUnit.pas which is almost exact replica of AppEvnts.pas I have in my old D7 (I have just checked and it exists in later versions, too). Probably someone couldn't convert something from Delphi without including it, and PilotLogic just picked it up with the rest without knowing the truth.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 07:06:27 pm by avra »

TinyPortal © 2005-2018