Recent

Author Topic: ct4laz  (Read 57260 times)

avra

• Additional info
Re: Online Package Manager + ct4laz repository
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2018, 09:53:11 am »
I added TurboPower SysTools as a new project to CCR-trunk; it contains the barcode components (which were copied to pl_BarCodes by CodeTyphon), as well as some math-related units.
Thank you so much.  :D

I am a bit hesitant because a lot is available already in fcl, lcl etc. I also don't know what to do with the astromony stuff which CodeTyphon has put into the Astronomy package along with other related units from other authors - another mixup. BTW, the author mentioned by OPM is not correct, all the St* unit are by TurboPower.
Another nice catch. I would vote for adding the whole SysTools package to OPM (even if some of it's functionality already exists in FCL and LCL). Positive side would be that Delphi projects using it will be converted much easier, and the negative that ct2laz will not be able to automatically convert between such CT and Laz projects. That is a minor issue that could be easily solved manually by the user (it could be automated but I still resist to significantly slow down ct2laz by introducing code parser), and there is not much of such code. I would cover most cases by simple ct2laz conversion mapping of pl_barcodes package to lazbarcodes, and pl_astronomy to SysTools, so only the small CT part would not be mappable directly (SysTools barcodes used in pl_barcodes). Good enough for me. The description of SysTools package could mention astronomy and barcode components, which should be enough for users. Of course, this would all mean that Astronomy package would have to go from OPM. What do you think?
ct2laz - Conversion between Lazarus and CodeTyphon
bithelpers - Bit manipulation for standard types
pasettimino - Siemens S7 PLC lib

balazsszekely

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2018, 04:35:29 pm »
@wp
A zip file for OPM will follow when I am sure about the package contents.
Have you figured out the package contents? What package should I delete from the main repository?

wp

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2018, 06:23:38 pm »
I am talking of the package Astronomy. It contains the
  • astronomy units of in the TurboPower SysTools package which is almost complete on CCR/svn now (only a few are still missing, they are difficult to convert). In addition to the astononmy units it also contains the barcode units which PilotLogic added to their barcode package (in addition to our laz_barcodies). Moreover it contains container classes and routines for statistical and financial functions and more (partly redundant) (https://sourceforge.net/projects/tpsystools/files/tpsystools_docs/4.03/tpsystools_docs.zip/download). License MPL 1.1
  • package TMoon (by Andreas Hörstemeier, http://www.hoerstemeier.com/moon.htm) which I am almost done with converting and which I will also upload to CCR/svn. Very nice and easy to use! License "postcard freeware"
  • a single unit solarsystems by Zozito Pelegrin. I did not find anything about it yet, it does not seem to belong to a larger library. No words on license.
I would recommend to delete Astronomy from OPM and to add SysTools and TMoon as separate packages (once they are completed, I will drop a note here, of course)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 06:25:45 pm by wp »

balazsszekely

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2018, 06:35:57 pm »
I would recommend to delete Astronomy from OPM and to add SysTools and TMoon as separate packages (once they are completed, I will drop a note here, of course)
Ok, thanks. I will make the necessary adjustments when you're ready, but it's not urgent at all, so please take you time.

avra

• Additional info
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2018, 10:18:39 am »
a single unit solarsystems by Zozito Pelegrin. I did not find anything about it yet, it does not seem to belong to a larger library. No words on license.
Thank you! This was enough for me to look around. I found it as a mzsystemlib here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/mzsystem/ (very nice solar system OpenGL animated demos, btw).
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 12:49:50 pm by avra »

avra

• Additional info
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2018, 11:23:58 am »
After latest transformations added to ct2laz CSV file, new Cindy can finally be compiled out of the box in Lazarus trunk. No more manual work. Unfortunatelly, new Cindy is not compatible with Lazarus 1.8.1 any more (because of TWinControl.ParentBackground missing). After heavy manual work I made it compile in Lazarus 1.8.1 but changes are too big for automation to produce the result that would compile in both. So I have to drop one or the other, and choose which one to be available to OPM.

It does not sound right to me that OPM Cindy should request Lazarus trunk, so I am thinking about leaving previous Cindy version available to OPM (until Lazarus 2.0 is released) because it compiles fine in both official and trunk Lazarus versions (new version compiles in trunk, and heavy manually modified version does not work in trunk). I am thinking to favor official Lazarus version for any similar case in the future. If anyone needs latest Cindy then he can use ct2laz for automatic conversion. Does this sound like a good approach to you?

balazsszekely

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2018, 11:38:10 am »
Does this sound like a good approach to you?
Yes. The packages in OPM usually are stable versions(not trunk), although there are a few exceptions like synapse. 

avra

• Additional info
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2018, 12:05:57 pm »
Does this sound like a good approach to you?
Yes. The packages in OPM usually are stable versions(not trunk), although there are a few exceptions like synapse.
Both old and new Cindy are stable, so it' not similar to Synapse. New Cindy requires Lazarus newer then the official one to compile. That's why I think we should stick with old one (until Lazarus 2.0 is released). That way users with both trunk and official Lazarus will be able to compile Cindy.

balazsszekely

« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2018, 12:13:20 pm »
@avra
Both old and new Cindy are stable, so it' not similar to Synapse. New Cindy requires Lazarus newer then the official one to compile. That's why I think we should stick with old one (until Lazarus 2.0 is released). That way users with both trunk and official Lazarus will be able to compile Cindy.
Yes, it's a good idea in my opinion. More people use the official version of Lazarus then trunk

wp

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2018, 10:45:04 am »
{...] could you please look into this:
http://blog.rubypdf.com/2014/07/18/zint-shared-library-change-license-from-gpl-to-bsd/
It looks like zint shared library is now BSD, so maybe LazBarcodes license can be changed also (to be commercial software friendly)? Does LazBarcodes use only zint shared lib or some other part of zint? According to http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/LazBarcodes license is "GPL 3.0 as it is being inherited from the zint source code", so maybe a license switch is possible in this case? Can original author be contacted? Were there any contributors besides yourself?
The new version 1.0.2 of LazBarCodes on Lazarus-CCR and in the Online-Package-Manager is now under BSD license. Jose Mejuto, the original author of the Lazarus port, agreed on this change.

balazsszekely

« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2018, 06:22:59 pm »
@wp

Not related to CT, but I updated spktoolbars in the main repository. Can you please also update the JSON, all you have to do is change "DownloadZipURL". It should point to the new zip(0.1.5). Thank you.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 08:04:56 pm by GetMem »

wp

« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2018, 10:19:57 pm »
Too many packages I am working on these days... Uploaded a new spktoolbar zip (v1.0.5) to sourceforge, and updated the update-json.

balazsszekely

« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2018, 10:43:58 pm »
Too many packages I am working on these days... Uploaded a new spktoolbar zip (v1.0.5) to sourceforge, and updated the update-json.
No problem. Thanks for the update, I already see the changes in OPM.

wp

« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2018, 08:28:00 pm »
GetMem, now the TurboPower SysTools and TMoon packages are ready for OPM:

SysTools:
download link: https://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus-ccr/files/systools/systools-404.zip/download
update json: https://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus-ccr/files/systools/OPM/update_systools.json/download

DelphiMoon:
the author had a newer version of TMoon on his github named DelphiMoon which I ported to Lazarus. It works with Lazarus and with Delphi (only "d7" and "dnew" packages working)
Download link: https://github.com/wp-xyz/delphimoon/archive/v2.1.1.zip
update json: https://github.com/wp-xyz/opm_update_json/blob/master/update_delphimoon.json

This is my first package from github - forgive me if something is wrong with it.

If everything is working you can delete the Astronomy package.

balazsszekely

« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2018, 08:35:13 am »
GetMem, now the TurboPower SysTools and TMoon packages are ready for OPM
Thank you wp. I made the necessary adjustments, everything works well, except for package DelphiMoon the update JSON points to a 2.1.1.0 version, but the lpk is still 2.1.0.0.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018