Recent

Author Topic: Game Contest 2018  (Read 110905 times)

circular

• Personal webpage
Re: Game Contest 2018
« Reply #150 on: May 20, 2018, 12:46:40 am »
It could be indeed if there is no font name. Also when the size is zero, it is somewhat undefined and some default size is used but that does not always work. Anyway I presume the 17 here is the font size so it is well defined.
Conscience is the debugger of the mind

Lulu

« Reply #151 on: May 20, 2018, 08:04:21 am »
Yes, 17 is the font height used to draw the text.
For convenience, I have grouped all the font parameters used by TBGRATextEffectFontRenderer and TBGRABitmap.TextRect in a record called TGuiFont. The function GuiFont is used to fill the records fields.
wishing you a nice life

Ñuño_Martínez

• Burdjia
« Reply #152 on: May 21, 2018, 12:09:28 pm »
Back on topic:

I want to participate, and I actually have two game ides for it, but I have to work in a game I did for a customer (professional, yay!  ;)) so no sources can be published (yet, may be in some years), so I can't participate (see rules).  May be I can after this game is finished, since the date is July 31.

Anyway I think I'll post updates here, can I?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 12:11:18 pm by Ñuño_Martínez »
Are you interested in game programming? Join the Pascal Game Development community!
Also visit the Game Development Portal

User137

• Nxpascal home
« Reply #153 on: May 21, 2018, 12:22:26 pm »
I have been without any game ideas for a long time, so i guess i can do something basic that already exists, like asteroids shooter. Every game's different in the end and they can be fun in their own way, and their controls.

I am using 3D art from https://opengameart.org/ , but will likely make effects with gimp. Here's a quick preview, which loads an OBJ file. I decided to not use any modelling application to adjust the model to game, instead i'm finetuning the model positioning, scale and texture attachings by code (nxPascal). So far ship seems to fit well in a 1-unit scale sphere, which is essential for tracking collisions.

edit: Just wanted to show how much better it looks after moving UV map 0.1 down... (Like, why isn't the model file accurate already that i have to modify coords relations?) Still not exactly like original. I'm not using emission map but that shouldn't make it that different. https://opengameart.org/content/hextraction-base-player-pod
edit2: Nevermind UV map was right, just texture is flipped vertically. Got it perfect.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 12:50:58 pm by User137 »

User137

• Nxpascal home
« Reply #154 on: May 22, 2018, 01:04:36 am »
Not sure if i spent more time making or playing it, but here's first release anyway  ::)  Hope it compiles and stuff:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkA8eob3K73BhAP1e-HadvLsLmZF
(Updated 23.5.2018)
I use 64-bit compiler, Win10 and Lazarus 1.8.4.

Also the controls are:
W,S,A,D and mouse: for movement
Left mouseclick for weapon
Spacebar for magnet special - it can build dangerous situations but if some asteroids are hiding at borders it can be useful tool. I saw it amusing how asteroids clump up with physics.
Mousewheel zoom is just extra.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 10:58:22 am by User137 »

tr_escape

• sector name toys | respect to spectre
    • Github:
« Reply #155 on: May 22, 2018, 10:00:45 am »
Not sure if i spent more time making or playing it, but here's first release anyway  ::)  Hope it compiles and stuff:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkA8eob3K73BhAP1e-HadvLsLmZF
I use 64-bit compiler, Win10 and Lazarus 1.6.2 (i know it's propably outdated).

After few FileExistsUTF8() --> FileExists() editing it is worked. Also I'll check with my son for quality review :)

In windows it is working good.

Lulu

« Reply #156 on: May 22, 2018, 08:13:39 pm »
I can not compile your game User137, I have this error at compile time (in French)

Compiler le paquet FCL 1.0.1 : Code de sortie 1 - Erreurs : 1
Error: Illegal parameter: -Twin64

May be because I have Lazarus 1.8.0 Win10 ?
wishing you a nice life

User137

• Nxpascal home
« Reply #157 on: May 23, 2018, 01:26:01 am »
Open Project Options menu, and go to "Config and Target". Choose Target OS (-T) and other options suitable for your config. Let know which changes you made if it works.

Josh

« Reply #158 on: May 23, 2018, 01:59:32 am »
Hi USer137,
I had to change a couple of things to get it to work,, very nice graphics :)

Using Lazarus Fixes. 1.8.5
Need to change a few things
Project Options, Target CPU to x86_64
Add into NxModel and NX Graph uses declaration, the unit LazFileUtils ( so the fileexistsutf8 works)
The best way to get accurate information on the forum is to post something wrong and wait for corrections.

User137

• Nxpascal home
« Reply #159 on: May 23, 2018, 11:04:01 am »
Ok, that's enough incompatibility... Updated Lazarus and replaced file in OneDrive.
- It complained about LazFileUtils in files that had "uses FileUtils", which no longer exists.
- I set Target OS to just (Default), so i hope it checks your installation and chooses automatically, at least for me that works.
- Worth mentioning, some textures are 2k resolution, and ship has roughly 5000 vertices. It's a performance test at the moment too so i didn't want to scale down. I never dip below the 60 fps. Also the physics don't have actual engine, i just remembered how i did collisions in demo and it seems to still work. It pushes objects away from eachother in tiny steps, sometimes multiple times per object per frame.

Anyway, more games?  :D
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 11:09:18 am by User137 »

Lulu

« Reply #160 on: May 23, 2018, 08:40:45 pm »
User137, now your game work ! Nice ! :)
wishing you a nice life

lainz

• https://lainz.github.io/
« Reply #161 on: May 24, 2018, 03:54:05 am »
Back on topic:

I want to participate, and I actually have two game ides for it, but I have to work in a game I did for a customer (professional, yay!  ;)) so no sources can be published (yet, may be in some years), so I can't participate (see rules).  May be I can after this game is finished, since the date is July 31.

Anyway I think I'll post updates here, can I?

Yes, share with us your game, is also the goal of this contest.

Ok, that's enough incompatibility... Updated Lazarus and replaced file in OneDrive.
- It complained about LazFileUtils in files that had "uses FileUtils", which no longer exists.
- I set Target OS to just (Default), so i hope it checks your installation and chooses automatically, at least for me that works.
- Worth mentioning, some textures are 2k resolution, and ship has roughly 5000 vertices. It's a performance test at the moment too so i didn't want to scale down. I never dip below the 60 fps. Also the physics don't have actual engine, i just remembered how i did collisions in demo and it seems to still work. It pushes objects away from eachother in tiny steps, sometimes multiple times per object per frame.

Anyway, more games?  :D

Good game =) Is too hard for me  :)

Ñuño_Martínez

• Burdjia
« Reply #162 on: May 24, 2018, 12:08:23 pm »
For those complaining about "Target" options (OS, CPU or widgetset) , you should use "Default" always, except if you need any specific optimizations for some reason, because you're doing cross-compiling stuff, or because you're doing any ASM stuff.

Anyway, if you don't use "Default" you must say it in your documentation always.

Didn't test it yet though. ::)
Are you interested in game programming? Join the Pascal Game Development community!
Also visit the Game Development Portal

fcu

« Reply #163 on: May 24, 2018, 12:49:25 pm »
@User137 nice graphics , but this prove that fcl-image is very slow :/

Handoko

• My goal: build my own game engine using Lazarus
« Reply #164 on: May 31, 2018, 06:10:22 am »
yes Circular, it is a font problem.
I updated the code in the previous link.
I hope... :D

Sorry, for the late reply. I was very busy recently. Yes, now I can read the instruction. But I think I found a minor bug. The letter 'e' on the title Fire & Wire doesn't seem render correctly for me.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018