Author Topic: TFBAdmin - How do I tell if it's already connected?  (Read 462 times)

RedOctober

TFBAdmin - How do I tell if it's already connected?
« on: January 01, 2018, 12:59:12 am »
Platform:  Windows Server 2016, Lazarus 1.9  Fpc 3.1.1

The TFBAdmin component doesn't have a ".Active" or ".Connected" property.  It has a private ".CheckConnected" property, but I cannot get at it, other than making my own wrapper for the TFBAdmin component which I'd rather not do. 

If I try to .Connect to the TFBAdmin component and it's already connected, it throws an error saying it's already connected.
If I try to .Disconnect to the TFBAdmin component and it's already disconnected, it throws an error saying it's already disconnected.

Am I doing this wrong?  No examples show how to test if it's disconnected or connected.  The examples just connect/disconnect as if the connection was successful, or as if it was disconnected in the first place.

GetMem

Re: TFBAdmin - How do I tell if it's already connected?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 08:11:19 am »
Inside TFBAdmin.Connect function, instead of:
Code: Pascal  [Select]
  1.  if FSvcHandle<>FB_API_NULLHANDLE then
  2.     raise EIBDatabaseError.CreateFmt(SErrConnected,[Self.Name],nil,0,'');
should be:
  1.  if (FSvcHandle<>FB_API_NULLHANDLE) and (FUseExceptions)  then
  2.     raise EIBDatabaseError.CreateFmt(SErrConnected,[Self.Name],nil,0,'');
Then you could change the behaviour by setting UseExceptions property to false. You should file in a bug report or even better create a patch where a new Connected property is available. All you have to do is check in the getter method if FSvcHandle<>FB_API_NULLHANDLE.
However if your time is limited, just try except the connect/disconnect function and you're good to go, like this:
  1. uses IBConnection;
  2. //...
  3. try
  4.    FBAdmin1.Connect;
  5. except
  6.   on E: EIBDatabaseError do
  7.   begin
  8.     //already connected, do something
  9.   end;
  10. end;
Please note, this will still raise a debugger exception inside the IDE(you can choose to ignore it) however your executable will run fine outside the IDE.

Recent

Get Lazarus at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads Open Hub project report for Lazarus