Forum > Other

about spam

(1/2) > >>

Handoko:
Hey friend, you're not welcome here.

The post above is a spam!
This is a classic ufabet spam. Has been reported and deleted several times. But the poster still come back.

The spam link is on the signature. Anyone please pay attention on poster's signature, and report to moderator if you notice spam.

Moderator, please don't delete this spam too quickly. Lets others to learn how the TS doing spam. Also to penalize the spammer by letting Google to index this link. Because Google will penalize backlinks that frequently appears and deleted.

---edit---
The original spam post has been deleted.
Reason I replied the spam:
- To lets others know how to identify the spam
- To test if it is a bot or human. Result: that is a human spammer not bot.

Thaddy:
Just report to moderator as SPAM. It is usually gone in minutes.

Martin_fr:
I do not see the point in such replies...

But
--- Quote ---To test if it is a bot or human. Result: that is a human spammer not bot.
--- End quote ---

Not that it makes any diff if it was a bot or not, but what made you believe it was a human?

Handoko:
Bot or not is not important, I'm just curious. Just some minutes after I replied, the user logged in to the forum. I don't think bots will relogin if someone replied the post it ever made.

You can call me mad. As a web developer, I am very curious about hackers/spammers activities. I spent almost 2 years intensively studying they patterns both human and bots by analyzing their IPs and logging activities I gathered from several of the websites I built. I even contacted them to verify the emails they used.

molly:
@Handoko:
We've tried to discuss this topic earlier but got brutally interrupted by the thread disappearing  :D

You seem to have another view on this then i do. I believe it is a bot, simply because it doesn't make any logic in my mind to spend such an amount of time looking up an older message, copy that, then paste that for a spam message and add the spam link(s).

There are enough (scripting) bots out there with support for simple machines. I've had to deal with this kind of spam for a long time now (very visible on dying boards) and the ip's usually belong to notorious spammers that spam an arsenal of boards. It simply doesn't add up to waste such amount of time for so little profit. Thereby the sequence is (exactly) similar. Bots know long time that there is usually speed-related detection active on boards. The bot has to look like a normal user to be able to stay effective for a longer period.

That is also where the deficiency in this bots are. They can't ever act like a normal user and the people using them are just plain stupid (if not then they would have skills which would make a much better living possible) I'm more concerned with those bots that have conversational AI, although those seem usually active on blogs and similar discussion forums.

Having said that, i do somewhat admire the fact that some of these scripties seem capable of bypassing the anti-spam measures of this board as they are usually enough to keep these bots away for long time. Are the questions renewed on a timely interval ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version