Recent

Author Topic: How to contribute?  (Read 3002 times)

piola

• Lazarus 2.2, 64bit on Windows 8.1 x64
How to contribute?
« on: September 06, 2021, 03:16:28 pm »
Please apologize my query and don't be too angry on me   O:-)

I have read the various wiki-entries about FPC now using git and have searched the forum, but haven't found a useful guide yet. I'd appreciate if someone could help.

In short: I want to contribute to FPC. The usual git workflow is (as far as I know) to create a fork, do whatever changes there and finally send a pull request. Unfortunately I didn't find out how to do that with FPC? Does FPC accept pull requests at all?

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
Re: How to contribute?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2021, 03:26:47 pm »
Afaik: fork FPC with your gitlab account, and then pull that locally.

Then push your changes back to your gitlab account, and then use gitlab to create a pull request.

dsiders

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2021, 04:47:56 pm »
Please apologize my query and don't be too angry on me   O:-)

I have read the various wiki-entries about FPC now using git and have searched the forum, but haven't found a useful guide yet. I'd appreciate if someone could help.

In short: I want to contribute to FPC. The usual git workflow is (as far as I know) to create a fork, do whatever changes there and finally send a pull request. Unfortunately I didn't find out how to do that with FPC? Does FPC accept pull requests at all?

You can still submit patches to the issue tracker too.
Preview Lazarus 3.99 documentation at: https://dsiders.gitlab.io/lazdocsnext

FPK

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2021, 07:15:11 pm »
Does FPC accept pull requests at all?

In general yes but not necessarily all :) So if you submit a pull request which replaces begin by { and end by } it will be for sure rejected.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018